Iran

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Even I did not call George W. Bush insane.

I will. He was insane, and probably the worst President ever. He also did rash things, like starting unnecessary wars that resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians in addition to our own military losses. Crazy as can be.

804brown

I will. He was insane, and probably the worst President ever. He also did rash things, like starting unnecessary wars that resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians in addition to our own military losses. Crazy as can be.

Was bush insane?? No. He was an idiot but not insane. His wars were part of a rational action by our imperialist leadership elite. Controlling the flow of middle eastern oil is a rational action by the power elite ; it was business as usual. It might be illegal and immoral, etc but not insane.

BrownMeetPurple

[video=youtube;C2wP-5L2EY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2wP-5L2EY0[/video]

Don't worry, we have some of these braindead people on our side of the border as well.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jay Leno does this stuff and usually on college campuses because they only pretend to know something until a microphone is in their face, then they are dumber than a stump!!

804brown

71% of Americans think Iran already has the Bomb (Also we used to have pet triceratops)
Posted on 02/22/2012 by Juan Cole
A CNN/ Gallup poll shows that nearly three quarters of Americans believe that Iran already has a nuclear weapon. (About 80% believe that it either has one or will get one in short order).
This belief is completely irrational. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta has repeatedly said that the US believes that Iran has not decided yet whether to initiate a nuclear weapons program. If it doesn’t have a weapons program, Iran can hardly actually have a weapon.

Iran is using centrifuges to enrich uranium, mostly to 3.5% for fuel for its electricity-generating civilian reactors (it is enriching to still-low 19.75% for a medical reactor, to produce isotopes for use in chemotherapy).. Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei has given a fatwa, based on the injunction in Islamic law against killing innocents, against possessing or using atomic weapons.

Two caveats about this poll. That question was asked of a subset of only 500 persons within a larger sample. But that would mean it could be off in either direction by several percentage points. It is a weighted sample, though, and shouldn’t be off that much.

The other puzzlement is that 63% of Americans are committed to using diplomacy to dissuade Iran from getting a bomb and oppose military action at this time. But if they think it has a bomb, what do they think the persuasion will accomplish. Convincing Iran to give up its (non-existent) nukes after already developing them?
Beats me.
The full results are in this pdf file.

Sometimes you just want to give up. The American public is bombarded with so much propaganda by vested interests that it lives in a world where human beings co-existed with the dinosaurs, Iran has nukes, US foreign aid is 1/4 of the federal budget, the Iraqi and Afghanistan governments are among America’s most deadly enemies, and pumping massive amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere is not causing the climate to change.

But who knows, maybe their preference for diplomacy is because they don’t want to go to war with an already-nuclear armed Iran, so that the propaganda has backfired on Big Oil and the Israel lobbies.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
LETS deal with the facts at HAND... NOT ONE COUNTRY in the MIDDLE EAST has said they will allow Israel to fly over their airspace and that includes IRAQ and TURKEY. Unless Israel is planning on leaving the atmosphere and re entering over IRAN, they are SOL.

If they attempt to violate the airspace of any other country, they will be shot down or attacked themselves by those countries whos airspace they violate.

Israel has about as much big talk as Iran does. TWO blabbermouths with ZERO behind it.

Peace

TOS

Stop being so naive and learn a bit of history.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Lebanese and Turkish airspace when they bombed and destroyed the suspected Syrian nuclear facility in 2007? No.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Saudi Arabian airspace when they bombed and destroyed the Iraqi Osirak nuclear reactor in 1981? No.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Jordanian airspace in order to avoid Syrian SAM batteries in the Golan Heights during the Yom Kippur war in 1973? No.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Ugandan, Somalian and Kenyan airspace when they rescued 105 Jewish hostages who were being held by PLO terrorists at the airport in Entebbe in 1976? No.

If Israel decides that it is "go time", then they are going to violate whatever airspace they feel they need to in order to eliminate the threat. Big talk? Maybe....but it looks to me like they are batting 100% since 1973 and I dont know that I'd want to bet against them.

804brown

Stop being so naive and learn a bit of history.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Lebanese and Turkish airspace when they bombed and destroyed the suspected Syrian nuclear facility in 2007? No.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Saudi Arabian airspace when they bombed and destroyed the Iraqi Osirak nuclear reactor in 1981? No.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Jordanian airspace in order to avoid Syrian SAM batteries in the Golan Heights during the Yom Kippur war in 1973? No.

Did Israel ask for permission to violate Ugandan, Somalian and Kenyan airspace when they rescued 105 Jewish hostages who were being held by PLO terrorists at the airport in Entebbe in 1976? No.

If Israel decides that it is "go time", then they are going to violate whatever airspace they feel they need to in order to eliminate the threat. Big talk? Maybe....but it looks to me like they are batting 100% since 1973 and I dont know that I'd want to bet against them.

Exactly, just like the US, Israel does as it wants. No intl law or resolution can stop the state terror that is american or israeli imperialism. Especially when the US can and has vetoed resolutions condemning israel for their past behavior.

moreluck

golden ticket member
GamblE20120224_low.jpg