Iran

klein

Für Meno :)
Iran threatens to cut of 1/3 of the world's oil supply !
The USA says it won't tolerate it. War ?

Hey, and you're sure you don't want the Keystone - Canada - Oil pipeline ?

IN the meantime, China signs a deal with Afghanistan to buy their oil. Nice going afghanies---- a big kick in the butt for the US after it "freed" you in war.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, suppose the Afghans had agreed to sell their oil to us rather than China---how do you propose they would have gotten the oil to us?

Afghanistan and China share a border so building a pipeline would be the logical means of transport.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Either way; by doing or even hinting at blocking oil tankers is a win-win for Iran.
The price of oil will rise, thus Iran been an oil producing state will see an increase in profits.
And the daily shipments in their smaller boats will continue.
You don't have to fret about bhos starting any military action, he showed his true colors when that drone was taken. He refused all attempts to blown it up and asked Iran to kindly return it.

klein

Für Meno :)
Either way; by doing or even hinting at blocking oil tankers is a win-win for Iran.
The price of oil will rise, thus Iran been an oil producing state will see an increase in profits.
And the daily shipments in their smaller boats will continue.
You don't have to fret about bhos starting any military action, he showed his true colors when that drone was taken. He refused all attempts to blown it up and asked Iran to kindly return it.

Fill up your gas tanks today !
The price can double by tomorrow !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Then bhos will be smiling, after all he wishes for America to be free of foreign oils.
The downside of it will be that any economy growth will come to a quick stop.
Which in turn will increase the unemployment numbers and totally ruin his second term attempt.

wkmac

In regards to Afghanistan and the oil/oil pipeline issue, google Bridas Corporation and Unocal and follow the money. And go back to the early 90's and come forward. Not all is it appears to be. Also the China connection, look at Bridas but then consider the events in 2005' with Unocal. Did most people see or even consider this back in March 2010' and then strangely afterwards the Pakistan gov't who had been our friend in the war on terror seemed to become some type of enabler which crescendoed to the point as proven with the midnight raid to kill Osama. Maybe there really was a reason there was no trial and no body to display.

Don't watch the puppets on the stage for the truth, sneak backstage to see what is really happening which is exactly what they hope you'll never do!

The news we don't see? Is Ahmadinejad the only one filtering the news to it's masses?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Iranian Ayatollah Declares Facebook “Un-Islamic,” Membership a “Sin”…

Who’s the jerk that didn’t accept the ayatollah’s friend request?
(Haaretz) — An Iranian ayatollah has said that the social networking service Facebook was un-Islamic and being a member of it a sin, the ISNA news agency reported Saturday.

In Iran, it is common for senior clerics to be asked about their stance on certain social issues and whether these issues are compatible with Islamic norms.

Their answers are regarded as a form of decree.

ISNA on Saturday broadcast coverage of the response of Ayatollah Lotfollah Safi-Golpaygani, a senior cleric, to the question about Facebook and Iranian membership in the social networking service.

“Basically, going to any website which propagates immoralities and could weaken the religious belief is un-Islamic and not allowed, and membership in it is therefore haram (a sin),” the ayatollah replied.

“Only the use of websites propagating religious criteria and not leading to any kind of ethical immoralities is of no problem,” he added.

According to official figures released last October, 17 million Iranians have a Facebook account, despite heavy restrictions and filtering imposed by the government.

Due to the popularity of Facebook with younger generations, observers believe that the number of real Iranian Facebook users could be much higher than 17 million.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Looks like nobody actually skis or boards....they just mug for the camera. I think Moreluck would enjoy a winter vacation there.

I refuse to go anywhere, except the USA. Everything I could possibly want is here. I've been outside our borders....hated it and don't ever want to leave again.
If I want to view the Sistine Chapel, I can get a closer view online than you can inside the real place. Granted, I can't smell it, but I know what dank & damp basements smell like already.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I refuse to go anywhere, except the USA. Everything I could possibly want is here. I've been outside our borders....hated it and don't ever want to leave again.
If I want to view the Sistine Chapel, I can get a closer view online than you can inside the real place. Granted, I can't smell it, but I know what dank & damp basements smell like already.

Of course you do, its where you find most of the information you post on this board.

peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Of course you do, its where you find most of the information you post on this board.

peace.
California lacks basements....I thought you knew that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

One of the very first things you learn when you travel outside the US is that the people are just like us in the sense that all they want is a decent standard of living, a good future for their kids, and a roof over their heads. The Fear Factory at FOX would have you believe otherwise because that's how they make money off of your ignorance. Plus, there are some amazing sites to see that can never be adequately experienced from a TV set.

It's the leaders of (some) other countries that need to be feared...not the people. But Conservatives fear anyone who isn't exactly like them. That's the scariest thought of all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
One of the very first things you learn when you travel outside the US is that the people are just like us in the sense that all they want is a decent standard of living, a good future for their kids, and a roof over their heads. The Fear Factory at FOX would have you believe otherwise because that's how they make money off of your ignorance. Plus, there are some amazing sites to see that can never be adequately experienced from a TV set.

It's the leaders of (some) other countries that need to be feared...not the people. But Conservatives fear anyone who isn't exactly like them. That's the scariest thought of all.
Can you find the toilet paper in Iran & Iraq??
Why was Kathy Griffin's first comment on her visit in Iraq is that the whole country smells like a fart?