Is Central States pension fund ready to go under?

Bill

Hay Red, how do you get so many days off? I'm senior driver and they take my route out every Monday. A lot of times they will send a lower driver home and not even ask me. I asked the steward if they can do that and he said sure why not.
You people completely changed the topic. How did we go from "Is the penson ready to go under" to days off and seniority?

705red

Browncafe Steward
You people completely changed the topic. How did we go from "Is the penson ready to go under" to days off and seniority?
Are you kidding me? You changed it when you accused me of being a union agent, and not a ups employee. Oh man are you really losing it!!!!!!!!

mittam

Here it depends on time of year. At first they say bid drivers must stay and do their routes then come spring they go home and the swing or non bid drivers have to stay. It changes with the wind.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Rumor has it that ups and cs pension have come to terms and should be out for a vote soon! When i hear or get more info i will post it here for all to see and read.

1eyejack

Rumor has it that ups and cs pension have come to terms and should be out for a vote soon! When i hear or get more info i will post it here for all to see and read.
wht the hell was 1997 about they did not want ups in there bussiness now we are going to except it . Ur friend crazy ...why would we vote on it ..when we retire we will have no say so in the higher insurance increase that they would be able to vote on without our approval. ask the retirees now they have high insurance .... with the APWA there will be retirees on the board to make sure they get input about the raising of the insurance cost.. plus they will get the cola increases each time......

1eyejack

wht the hell was 1997 about they did not want ups in there bussiness now we are going to except it . Ur friend crazy ...why would we vote on it ..when we retire we will have no say so in the higher insurance increase that they would be able to vote on without our approval. ask the retirees now they have high insurance .... with the APWA there will be retirees on the board to make sure they get input about the raising of the insurance cost.. plus they will get the cola increases each time......
here u go people some stuff for thought check it out Advocate for UPSers-NABER

705red

Browncafe Steward

Really 1eye? You know how the pension will work with the apwa and ups? When was that negioated?

The decision will be left upto those upsers in the cs plan! Its their decison!

Go sell your B.S somewhere else!

tieguy

Banned
Really 1eye? You know how the pension will work with the apwa and ups? When was that negioated?

can't understand why you guys keep throwing ups management into the pension debate. UPS has done right by management. the fund is healthy and my management brothers are retiring and collecting their money. And they do not have to work until they are 62 to collect. You guys could do a lot worse then ups when it comes to pensions as CS shows. You do know there are other pensions in trouble besides CS don't you?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
can't understand why you guys keep throwing ups management into the pension debate. UPS has done right by management. the fund is healthy and my management brothers are retiring and collecting their money. And they do not have to work until they are 62 to collect. You guys could do a lot worse then ups when it comes to pensions as CS shows. You do know there are other pensions in trouble besides CS don't you?
Local 804/New York City - 58% - New England fund -very poor Low 40`s .

1eyejack

i can see ur a teamster peanut head..so wht about the 31billon underfunded? who in hell wants to support that not us ups people who want to retire ..... oh yea they say that the market is back again ,how about my medical and 25 and 30 and out .....So you are telling me when jan 2008 comes we won't be taking any more cuts in benefits.. well we will see whos wrong .. my ups brother and sisters are not signing .the done deal contract U guys talk about done deal .. u might be a idiot.....But i know my brothers and sisters are not 1......they are smarter then that lie ,we got last contract the best contract ever .. yea for are ba agent and president they all got a big pay increase plus no benefit cuts .... go sell ur crapp to ur fellow die hard teamsters members u will get a few more brownie point from them ....Not Us....thats why fedex don't want the teamster either they are smart i tell them when i see them start their own union they will be better off then the teamsters.....

1eyejack

tieguy check this out it talks about the retirees... and it talks about how the teamster sold out the parttimers to gain more money ..... my thing i'll be sharing with the part timers they would be better off at fedx that pays 14 dollars in 2 yrs ... or better yet i will be sharing how the Apwa will not sell them out because they really break there backs for 8.50 hr ...... what a great contract hun 705 ...read the facts about the teamsters on nabers...... oh yea he's probaly lying just like the teamsters please part timers should be making 23 hr like they did like the people in the 78 before they change the contract to benefit the company and the teamsters .....Advocate for UPSers-NABER

porter

Almost 90% signed up in our building, we are on board. It is a no lose situation the central states will be gone before you know it.

nospinzone

James P. Hoffa said:
We have said from the beginning that we will not accept a proposal for UPS to withdraw from Central States unless we are satisfied that it would be in the best interest of all Teamsters who are participants in that Fund, not just the UPS employees.
SOURCE
This is called a conflict of interest. IBT cannot be a strong advocate for the best interests of UPS employees at the bargaining table due to this conflict of interest. It doesn't get any clearer than that. And what about the Pennsylvania plan, or the New England Fund? They aren't funded any better than Central States. Will they be forced to stay in against their wishes?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
This is called a conflict of interest. IBT cannot be a strong advocate for the best interests of UPS employees at the bargaining table due to this conflict of interest. It doesn't get any clearer than that. And what about the Pennsylvania plan, or the New England Fund? They aren't funded any better than Central States. Will they be forced to stay in against their wishes?
As far as i am concerned he has put himself and us in a
vulnerable position for negotiations. Much less our financial security for retirement - Get ready for the "Best Contract ever for 2008" ! :crying:

tieguy

Banned
Seniority rules!

30 here if they bust out your route you get first shot at going home over any swing driver, you are a bid route driver and not a cover driver.

Truth be told on the days off alot of it is because im in the office fighting for somenones job. im not a steward that is content with ok fire him, we will argue it for hours some days and its just easier to give away my route than have me leave at 1030 or 11am.

Red,

I read this one several times and I'm still trying to figure out how you do it. Now in my mind I picture those management types running around trying to dispatch the center. Do you grab one and lock him in an office? Tell him to call another management person and have him dispatch your route while your in the office "fighting for someones job". Do you lock them in the office and start phila bustering when you run out of things to say? How many actual days did you lock yourself in an office with management , fighting for someones job, have your route dispatched with someone else and how many of those days where you did not work did you actually get management to give you the guys job back. Did the guy you were fighting for then pay you for the lost wages? I'm titillated by your progressive union tactics. :thumbup1:

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Wow, engineer79, you just posted what is true for every pension fund in this country, not to mention that also applies to social security. Why do you think defined benefit plans are a sinking ship? Baby Boomers make up a very large portion of the work force and are retiring by the thousands every year. Every pension fund in this country is facing more retired people than active contributors, and that is why a lot of companies are dumping pension plans like a bad habit. Its too bad you APWA supporters and those that supposedly run that half assed organization are too short sighted to see it.

Exactly, you hit the nail dead center.

No pension plan is gonna work. APWA can't even if they truley wanted to.
The only thing the apwa is gonna do is fracture us and weaken our bargaining chips with UPS corp.

So lets say even 25% of our centers all vote and change over to APWA. That's 25% weaker threat of a strike. And 25% percent that would be apwa isn't gonna have squat to bargain with ether.

And were's the fund's Apwa plans on using to get a pension plan rolling for those that vote them in???

What of those near retirement. How do you make up 20+ yrs. of contributions plus interest and compound interest to cover those almost into retirement that would then be stuck under the APWA umbrella.

You just can't make that up.

Even if they some how could calculate a way to withdrawel the cash from our current fund, if they can figure out how much funds should be credited to whatever centers the APWA might win,
Their gonna take a large percentige of it as a type of early withdrawel penalty so they still will be under funded before it was to even start.

Throughout the yrs. UPS corp. knows it's enemy and we know ours. At least our union and UPs corp. knows how each other work.

Lets not jeapordize what bargaining chips we do have by throwng in a third wheel and fractureing what we have built in these 100 yrs.
(not sure how old teamsters is but you get the point I hope).

You know even if some centers due vote in the APWA doesn't obligate all centers to leave Teamsters and go with the APWA. Putting al huge divide between us.

If comments come up to say that I'm wrong than bring up evidence to back it up or don't bother.:wink:

tieguy

Banned
Exactly, you hit the nail dead center.

No pension plan is gonna work. APWA can't even if they truley wanted to.
The only thing the apwa is gonna do is fracture us and weaken our bargaining chips with UPS corp.

So lets say even 25% of our centers all vote and change over to APWA. That's 25% weaker threat of a strike. And 25% percent that would be apwa isn't gonna have squat to bargain with ether.

The problem is the 25 percent that are screwed by staying in CS. You're not going to convince them that retaining their bargaining power in the teamsters is going to make their pension better unless you specifically give them detail on how the teamsters would give them back the pensions they deserve.

They voted for the teamsters and no other union for the last 10 or 15 or 20 or 25 years. Unless something changes quickly and drastically they will take a huge hit soon on their pension. They tried that toe the line thing and now you want to give them more of the same rhetoric.

You guys don't get it. You keep preaching soladarity, you keep putting apwa down but you don't give the folks suffering from CS or other poor performing pension plans any reason to hope that staying put will make things any better.

Cole

Tie sometimes even a grievance hearing can take a couple of hrs, and if there is a jr driver with no bid run, we have the language to take voluntary lay off rather than the jr person going home. It's not a motter of filibustering usually from my experience, but usually it can be a long process. Often there are conference calls for mngmnt, or other things that may delay the meetings for awhile as well. Depends on the case.