Is everything in UPS last minute?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The thing about this, and any other job, is that the door is always open. If you're not comfortable with how you are treated, don't wait till you have many more years to decide you've had enough. By then you will have developed an attitude toward your job and employee's, as many already have. Though the choice is yours, I say fly away while you still can. Go find your dream job that doesn't have these hassles. You'll be a better person for making this choice.

*Note to all readers: In no way am I saying that UPS is a bad company, or that all mgmt personel have poor attitudes toward the UPS employee's. I am merely saying that I see the OP is frazzled and hasn't had a good experience with what we would call normal, here at UPS. There are plenty of places for the OP to go that would probably be more suitable. Best wishes!

LOL, the old, both sides of the coin, eh?:happy2:

Sleeve, most PT'ers I know have a primary source of income and just use UPS's part time position for the bennie's. I know one girl who has over 16 years as a part timer, and is quite comfortable doing exactly this, though she is fully eligible to drive and has turned down the driver position many times.

wow you are really picking on me lately, along with over. didn't even read the flow of the posts , just jumped right on...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
LOL, not at all, my brothah, just posted some info that you may want to add to your thinking.:happy2:

Did you read any of the previous posts at all? :sick:

Do you understand that we weren't talking about having other sources of income, that was the whole point? Did you read big_arrow_ups post? LOL

Let me ask you this: You would begin a career as a part-time supervisor at UPS in 2010, have no other source of income or long-term gain aside from maybe a 401k with minimal contributions and expect to have a satisfying and comfortable retirement?

That is essentially what big-arrow-up is implying and what you agreed to. If you had read the other posts you'd see that. All I said was that it's a fairy-tale, although maybe 20 or 30 years ago that was possible and in rare cases someone could make PT supervisor, by itself, a living today. Good luck being healthy, wealthy and wise deep into your retirement by that means.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I am merely saying that I see the OP is frazzled and hasn't had a good experience with what we would call norml, here at UPS

STUG: Are you into NORML?

http://norml.org/

NOTE TO ALL READERS: Steve did not initiate this NORML thing, I did!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Did you read any of the previous posts at all? :sick:

Do you understand that we weren't talking about having other sources of income, that was the whole point? Did you read big_arrow_ups post? LOL

Let me ask you this: You would begin a career as a part-time supervisor at UPS in 2010, have no other source of income or long-term gain aside from maybe a 401k with minimal contributions and expect to have a satisfying and comfortable retirement?

That is essentially what big-arrow-up is implying and what you agreed to. If you had read the other posts you'd see that. All I said was that it's a fairy-tale, although maybe 20 or 30 years ago that was possible and in rare cases someone could make PT supervisor, by itself, a living today. Good luck being healthy, wealthy and wise deep into your retirement by that means.
Sorry.

I am merely saying that I see the OP is frazzled and hasn't had a good experience with what we would call norml, here at UPS

STUG: Are you into NORML?

http://norml.org/

NOTE TO ALL READERS: Steve did not initiate this NORML thing, I did!!!
Not norml-y.:wink2: