UPS is already losing business

DriverNerd

I delivered a package to a sales rep at his home yesterday and he went on a rant on how UPS needs to pay the part timers more money and get this done with. He's tired of losing business. All he does all day is try and save accounts.

DriverNerd

Why do you think she hasn’t been seen in the media anywhere.
After she said 20 times on different news outlets months ago that she said she was confident they'd come to an agreement with the Teamsters, now she'd have to answer the same question about why she won't pay our employees more rebuffing SOB comments. It wouldn't look good for UPS in the public eye.

ManInBrown

Why do you think she hasn’t been seen in the media anywhere.
She’s not going to go out there and give an interview. She’s not even involved in the negotiations. CEO’s of companies have spokespeople for stuff like that. When she does do an interview it’s all puff pieces and earning interviews.

Zowert

She’s not going to go out there and give an interview. She’s not even involved in the negotiations. CEO’s of companies have spokespeople for stuff like that. When she does do an interview it’s all puff pieces and earning interviews.
Correct, the Chief Executive Officer does not play a roll in collective bargaining with union work forces. Companies hire consultants to deal with this process. If any chief executives are going to participate in talks with their union employees it would be the CFO, chief financial officer. Such a task is beneath them as well. They’re too busy doing zoom calls on their yacht in the Mediterranean.

BrownStains

I’ve already had multiple customers ask me about the strike and tell me they will have to switch to fed ex if it happens. Months ago the management was crying about losing volume. I’ve gained pickups on my route over the past year and have more customers shifting to ups. Now everything will be lost .

RangerMan06

I have 2 multi million dollar accounts on my route that have said they will ship FedX starting next week until we return but neither are signing any 2 year deal with FedX. They already use them as a backup option. We get about 90 percent of their shipping now and won't get any more until a contract is agreed on.
They fully support Teamsters but are very concerned with FedX being able to pick up the slack.
UPS has way more to lose than to gain by fighting over a small pay raise for PTs.