UPS is already losing business

Zowert

I had two small businesses with pick up accounts tell me they’re going with FedEx starting next week. I also had a mid size corporation’s manager ask me for updates on the contract over the last two weeks. He says he’d like to stick with UPS but doesn’t want to want to be stuck in a bad position at the end of the month, so they are likely going to USPS if there is no contract by the end of next week. I pick up a lot of NDA from these businesses, that’s money lost. Have any of my fellow bid drivers experienced something like this? One of my more loyal customers said they would come back to UPS when they see me again (after a strike). It’s our service that keeps this company going.

Zowert

Right. Mediocrity and doing things half assed is now acceptable.
Come on Rod, get with the program.
I’m not young, but I’m not old. I’m 38 years old, I saw the World Trade Center collapse on live TV and experienced how that changed everyone’s lives. Perhaps I didn’t see combat in Vietnam like you but I am educated and I have seen our culture make a change for the better. If you think suffering makes tough then we were definitely raised differently.

Undertow

I had two small businesses with pick up accounts tell me they’re going with FedEx starting next week. I also had a mid size corporation’s manager ask me for updates on the contract over the last two weeks. He says he’d like to stick with UPS but doesn’t want to want to be stuck in a bad position at the end of the month, so they are likely going to USPS if there is no contract by the end of next week. I pick up a lot of NDA from these businesses, that’s money lost. Have any of my fellow bid drivers experienced something like this? One of my more loyal customers said they would come back to UPS when they see me again (after a strike). It’s our service that keeps this company going.
Most of my PU accounts are national but there are a few Mom and Pop's sprinkled in that also use FedEx and/or USPS. There were many small businesses that didn't have contingency plans lined up in '97 and suffered plenty because of it.

But even if they have planned ahead or even already have shifted volume, that might not translate into getting all their stuff picked up much less delivered on time. Many aren't going to get their preferred time window even if some business rep promised them the moon. A strike would result in repercussions for pretty much everybody in some shape or form.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The company knows they are loosing customers. We have lost a few trailer pu’s in feeder which is very concerning….if the company truly cared this thing would be resolved by now. Good job burning this whole thing into the ground brown. People aren’t pissed because of the pay and benefits but because they get treated like pack mules here… been around 110 years you’d think they would have figured that out a long time ago.

ManInBrown

This is the exact reason why anyone who says the deal is already settled and what is going on is theatre is a maroon. People actually think all this back and forth and Sean visiting buildings all over the country is for show. We are striking people. Be ready to walk that picket line 8-1.

Pullman Brown

This is the exact reason why anyone who says the deal is already settled and what is going on is theatre is a maroon. People actually think all this back and forth and Sean visiting buildings all over the country is for show. We are striking people. Be ready to walk that picket line 8-1.

Yep! Everything is a conspiracy now!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Your customers are going to be in for a rude surprise when fedx and usps tell them to pound sand
It’s estimated that between the 2 of them they could maybe pickup 30% of ups volume

Zowert

Your customers are going to be in for a rude surprise when fedx and usps tell them to pound sand
It’s estimated that between the 2 of them they could maybe pickup 30% of ups volume
I have this skateboard shop on my route that tried FedEx pick up services. I saw outgoing shipment sit in their lobby for almost a week until I finally suggested they put UPS labels on the boxes so I could pick them up. Two days later they switched to UPS, I’ve been taking care of them since.

HarryWarden

. People aren’t pissed because of the pay and benefits but because they get treated like pack mules here… been around 110 years you’d think they would have figured that out a long time ago.
honestly, I’ve been here long enough now I don’t care how they treat me lol, that’s why I have a union. I just do my job. Whatever they say is in one ear and out the other, whether it’s a compliment or an insult. I don’t like the fake manipulation pretend to be my friend ask how my weekend was. I’m here for the money and the benefits. That’s all I care about

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have this skateboard shop on my route that tried FedEx pick up services. I saw outgoing shipment sit in their lobby for almost a week until I finally suggested they put UPS labels on the boxes so I could pick them up. Two days later they switched to UPS, I’ve been taking care of them since.
Cool story bro
Too bad you missed the point
SMH

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They’re screwed either way. They’re not getting their stuff if they switch anyway.