Is FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company?

bbsam

Staff member
Vantexan is just telling it like it is. Who should know more about EXPRESS a long time employee or an outsider such as yourself?

He is not talking soley about Express. He is talking about the funding of Ground's expansion and FDX finances in general and in the process proving that he's talking out his butt.

vantexan

He is not talking soley about Express. He is talking about the funding of Ground's expansion and FDX finances in general and in the process proving that he's talking out his butt.

Baloney, what do you not get? If FedEx keeps profits of opcos separate then Ground profits were plowed back into the infrastructure. Express profits were used to pay dividends, keep stockholders happy. And they took from us to keep those profits up. Less pay, more profit. Terminate pension, less funding, more profit. Democrats bad, Republicans good(threw that in for fun because that's what's really bothering you).

bbsam

Staff member
So then can I assume Ground profits went into buying the new aircraft for Express? If not, why not?

vantexan

So then can I assume Ground profits went into buying the new aircraft for Express? If not, why not?

As you pointed out, all this was worked out months ago. Either opco profits are kept separate, or they are all under the parent corporation's umbrella, which allocates spending. Either way, keeping Express pay down, and terminating our pension, increased profits. The building of Ground infrastructure came out of corporate profit, right? Or did y'all hold bake sales? Hurting us allowed them to build Ground infrastructure while paying dividends to keep the all important stock price up. It's all interconnected. Express employees doing poorly for many years now was all part of the greater plan. See, your participation as a contractor did hurt others in an indirect way. You are helping indirectly the company screw 10'a of thousands. You must be very proud.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Funny how that goes hand in hand with what FedEx is doing. Please name the previous employer so we can verify your shillformation.

That's given out on a need to know basis, and you don't. You probably haven't heard of it. Are you east or west of the Mississippi River?

bbsam

Staff member
As you pointed out, all this was worked out months ago. Either opco profits are kept separate, or they are all under the parent corporation's umbrella, which allocates spending. Either way, keeping Express pay down, and terminating our pension, increased profits. The building of Ground infrastructure came out of corporate profit, right? Or did y'all hold bake sales? Hurting us allowed them to build Ground infrastructure while paying dividends to keep the all important stock price up. It's all interconnected. Express employees doing poorly for many years now was all part of the greater plan. See, your participation as a contractor did hurt others in an indirect way. You are helping indirectly the company screw 10'a of thousands. You must be very proud.
If that's your formulation, then we paid for it by keeping our own wages down. Vote republican aand see how we fly then.

vantexan

If that's your formulation, then we paid for it by keeping our own wages down. Vote republican aand see how we fly then.

You are missing the whole point. Of course you paid for it with lower wages. All that infrastructure over the years cost a lot. But FedEx had stockholders to keep happy too. It was a total team effort of low Ground wages, no benefits, pension termination, snail's pace pay progression. You seem offended because you apparently think I'm giving credit to Express for everything you have. That's not my point at all. I'm saying FedEx mgmt had this plan in place for many years to get to the near future announcement and not only got there by low Ground wages but by taking from Express employees too. We helped pay for our own demise. It's not about who's the better division or who is eating who's lunch. It's about FedEx mgmt manipulating 10's of thousands with promises of a solid future just to get to the point where they can jettison us and maximize profit. It's devious, diabolical, and a good argument for a union that will never happen.

Angel458

That's my only question.Discuss

The only thing you should be for life is ALIVE!! There is only reality for the working stiff, "Your only as good as your last goof!" All of us are working to make somone elses life comfortable and a success.. I move millions of dollars worth of merchandise a month, I'd be lucky I'm paid a half of that durring my whole carreer! Everyone, find out who's giving out the largest bonuses to the corporate higher-ups and ask them who's got the better company.:grouphug: