Is it really this hard to get a Raise??

hypo hanna

Express employees don't ask for a raise, upper management decides what the raises will be and when.
You are not compensated based on the quality of your work or the value you offer to the bottom line but on the barest minimum they can get away with paying you.
Thus there is zero incentive to do anything other then the barest minimum in return.

!Retired!

You are not compensated based on the quality of your work or the value you offer to the bottom line but on the barest minimum they can get away with paying you.
Thus there is zero incentive to do anything other then the barest minimum in return.
And yet people complained when we had reviews when we were compensated based on performance...

!Retired!

Mostly because they evolved into sham reviews. Popularity contest run by the ops manager. It didn't affect raises, just payouts.
At the beginning..yes. Later on, the managers could only change one number (I forgot which one). It was all computer generated.

Slick silver

I it's unfortunate that raises aren't performance based. It almost seems like a union and there based on years of service if there are any raises

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

I it's unfortunate that raises aren't performance based. It almost seems like a union and there based on years of service if there are any raises

Sent using BrownCafe App
Except they aren't based on years of service, otherwise we would all be making the same amount. That is one reason for the resentment a lot of midrange employees have against the topped out couriers.

DontThrowPackages

Except they aren't based on years of service, otherwise we would all be making the same amount. That is one reason for the resentment a lot of midrange employees have against the topped out couriers.
I thought mid rangers have more resentment toward new hires as they come in making all most as much as mid range?

MAKAVELI

I thought mid rangers have more resentment toward new hires as they come in making all most as much as mid range?
Not really. Most of the new hires are just clueless as to the screwing they're going to get. I love it when they ask what top out pay is. If anything there is empathy for the new hire. No seniority means the worst routes, scheduling, vacation scheduling, a non existent wage progression, and overall royal screwing.

Last edited:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
That resentment is mis-directed. It needs to be slung towards Memphis, not any of the employees. None of us, of course, have any control over what those clowns decide to do (all of which is done in our very best interest though we're all too child-like and short-sighted to be able to see that for ourselves, naturally).

I feel bad for the midrangers for the extra screwing they're receiving, but I also realize I damn sure didn't have anything to do with it, and consequently have no immediate plans for taking a percentage of my paycheck and turning it over to the midrange guys to divide up amongst themselves so that we're all Even Steven. They'll just have to carry on with their misguided resentment I'm afraid.