eats packages

Deranged lunatic
anyways to answer your question: PPH per assignment is generally lower for bulk pieces because they weigh a lot and you generally have to hold whole stops outside.

To elaborate even further, PPH don't goddam matter, try to keep it around 180 or so until you pass your probationary period. then go down to 150 if you need to in order to load that crap neatly. Scan % also don't goddam matter. I would say let your drivers load for you until you pass probation then you should try to get them to stop until at least 10 minutes before start.

Get your misloads down, everyone appreciates less misloads.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
PPH is entirely variable depending on truck size, location of the pull on the belt, sort span of course, and total piece count

package size is not taken into consideration simply because it's too difficult to reliably measure and apply standards to beyond a sheer average

generally, for a building and even a belt, the standards will usually hash out; per pull, not necessarily

Just found out that my normal SUP (whose on vacation for the next week) was never even a preloader! I had another manager working with me and they basically told me what others have told me: you are being too careful, throw :censored2: anywhere, if the drivers give you crap: come get us.

This manager told me "we dont want you to get frustrated and quit on us" so im pretty sure they need the help pretty bad (especially for these trucks) and my other SUP was just trying to light a fire under my ass.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just found out that my normal SUP (whose on vacation for the next week) was never even a preloader! I had another manager working with me and they basically told me what others have told me: you are being too careful, throw :censored2: anywhere, if the drivers give you crap: come get us.

This manager told me "we dont want you to get frustrated and quit on us" so im pretty sure they need the help pretty bad (especially for these trucks) and my other SUP was just trying to light a fire under my ass.
Wait until you find out half of the drivers have not done preload, and another %20 are such old farts that they think you only load 2 cars according to address.