is there any chance of 25 and out at any age next contract?

muthatrucka

We received a letter in the mail this past week stating 25 and out is gone after jan 1 and also the retirement age without penalty moves up to 62! WOW the givebacks in this contract just keep coming.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We received a letter in the mail this past week stating 25 and out is gone after jan 1 and also the retirement age without penalty moves up to 62! WOW the givebacks in this contract just keep coming.

Are you under the Company or Union pension plan?

25 and out is not economically feasible.

Was there anything in the letter about grandfathering employees with a certain number of years of service or a specific hire date?

muthatrucka

no age stated for 25 and out or grandfathering of any type for the retirement age. it states everyone. we are in the union plan. after jan 1! isnt that just enough time to blindside everyone during peak season.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Any changes in a Union pension plan are supposed to be voted on by the membership.

Normally employees within 5 years of the current retirement age are grandfathered in when changes are made.

Is there any way that you can black out your personal information, scan and upload the letter here?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Why does everyone want to leave ? I think this job is easy and everyone works together. Management is easy to work with cause they listen to our suggestions and implement them on a daily basis. Every route is in order and misloads are non existent . I'm enjoying the Orion software to, I'm off earlier and I'm saving the company a lot of money on gas. I also enjoy the clean locker rooms, you could eat off the floor, home away from home.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why does everyone want to leave ? I think this job is easy and everyone works together. Management is easy to work with cause they listen to our suggestions and implement them on a daily basis. Every route is in order and misloads are non existent . I'm enjoying the Orion software to, I'm off earlier and I'm saving the company a lot of money on gas. I also enjoy the clean locker rooms, you could eat off the floor, home away from home.
Good thing we know your an asczzclown like a lot of us on here, or we would have actually taken that serious lmfao.

muthatrucka

I know, yours might be next is my point. My local pres is a well known figure in contract negotiations. His name is all over this forum and personally I like him but this needs questioning.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I know, yours might be next is my point. My local pres is a well known figure in contract negotiations. His name is all over this forum and personally I like him but this needs questioning.
They already lowered our multiple once, the pension fund is invested and if those investments take a big hit the actuaries have to make changes in order to maintain the funding levels. It sucks but what can ya do, there are no iron clad guarantees in this world. It's why I max my 401k so at least I have that to fall back on if the pension goes tits up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Changes in your pension plan have less to do with contract negotiations and more to do with plan performance and the ratio of actives and retirees in the plan.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

All you have said is true, however, getting a transfer into the Clarksville building is imposibible!...So frustrating too!

burco8080

go on upser.com they have a retirement calculator it is easy to you just put in the date you will retire and it will give you your amount you will recive