ISP question spots

Exec32

How do you guys handle spots in your defined areas.
Do you service them, and what equipment do you use? Do you sub contract, how much does it cost you?

It will be fine

How do you guys handle spots in your defined areas.
Do you service them, and what equipment do you use? Do you sub contract, how much does it cost you?
I sub them to Linehaul contractors. They pay me for the rights. The stop stays on my contract and they get to service it. As a subcontract fedex pays them the spot charge.

Exec32

I sub them to Linehaul contractors. They pay me for the rights. The stop stays on my contract and they get to service it. As a subcontract fedex pays them the spot charge.
There is no benefit in servicing them yourself? Let's say the spot takes 300 delivered and 400+ pickup.

It will be fine

There is no benefit in servicing them yourself? Let's say the spot takes 300 delivered and 400+ pickup.
Only if you're already running tractors. The Linehaul contract isn't that great. When you start moving a lot of pieces fedex will only pay the spot charge not the P&D rate. The ISP agreement slashes piece payment so much it's not valuable to run under that contract either. If you have a stop like that you could you use to base a straight truck route off of, but I wouldn't add a tractor.

Exec32

Only if you're already running tractors. The Linehaul contract isn't that great. When you start moving a lot of pieces fedex will only pay the spot charge not the P&D rate. The ISP agreement slashes piece payment so much it's not valuable to run under that contract either. If you have a stop like that you could you use to base a straight truck route off of, but I wouldn't add a tractor.
I planned on using a straight truck and absorb most in town stops, send other P&D trucks to cover rural and residential. Do you have an average stop and package number for each truck to meet your per truck revenue. I know it should be based on your per package and per stop rate you negotiated, right?