It's happening the hornets are starting to stir...

Joe Nuno

FedEx Freight SPIN on what happened in Gardena is coming to service center near you. Yesterday a 2 page letter was seen at our Houston svc spinning the company’s misinformation.

The following is the response from a Fox 11 news article in Los Angeles,

FEDEX STATEMENT:

"FedEx Freight is exploring its options and will take appropriate legal action in response to this coercive and potentially illegal activity. We are working diligently to minimize any disruption to our customers and will continue to provide the high level of service they have come to expect from FedEx Freight.

Only a small handful of our employees in Gardena are involved, and most of the protesters are outsiders with their own agenda. These outsiders have resorted to intimidating and coercive conduct against FedEx Freight employees attempting to exercise their legal right to attend work and to decide for themselves whether they wish to be represented by a union‎."

The so called illegal activity that FedEx is saying is not true. At the beginning of the work stoppage, management were handed a petition sanctioned by the NRLB. Making this a legal 24 hour activity.

The small hand of employees, were over 80.

The supporters were Teamsters members, organizers and dock workers who, after management closed the Gardena terminal, went outside, picked up signs and walked side by side with the drivers.

All employees were back to work the following day.

barnyard

KTM rider
The supporters were Teamsters members, organizers and dock workers who, after management closed the Gardena terminal, went outside, picked up signs and walked side by side with the drivers.

All employees were back to work the following day.

Thanks for that update. It will be interesting to watch this progress.

Joe Nuno

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This was a peaceful demonstration, no violence or any kind of property damage.
Plus FedEx corporate is saying that no employees were involved in Gardena stoppage, that the people outside the gates were all Teamsters, are they really kidding?
You think the Teamsters have a freaken wardrobe of FedEx uniforms

dezguy

LOL FedEx be FedExing.

Those mean Teamsters, dressing their goons up in FedEx freight uniforms to make themselves look like FedEx employees. Surely, no FedEx employee feels they have been taken advantage of by the company. Just think of your industry leading pay and benefits! LOL

barnyard

KTM rider
Plus FedEx corporate is saying that no employees were involved in Gardena stoppage, that the people outside the gates were all Teamsters, are they really kidding?

I wonder if they are choosing their words carefully. No employees involved because they fired them and they are no longer employees??? According to the letter, employees did not work for a day, but they were not involved. That does not make any sense at all.

I do see this and the company response being more helpful to the teamsters.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wonder if they are choosing their words carefully. No employees involved because they fired them and they are no longer employees??? According to the letter, employees did not work for a day, but they were not involved. That does not make any sense at all.

I do see this and the company response being more helpful to the teamsters.

FedEx ALWAYS chooses their words carefully. They are masters at word manipulation.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would like to see the teamsters issue a statement along the lines of: We do not picket work places at random. We only go where we have been asked by a workforce that feels they have been abused by managers to help them stand up for their rights.

Something like that.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I would like to see the teamsters issue a statement along the lines of: We do not picket work places at random. We only go where we have been asked by a workforce that feels they have been abused by managers to help them stand up for their rights.

Something like that.

Yep. And bring up the fact that they're not going to spend the existing Teamster's funds without being invited.

dex 84

Read carefully. It says employees were involved in the Gardena work stoppage but not the events that occurred the following day.

bacha29

All it takes is for a group of people tired of being cuffed around and realizing that in reality they have nothing to lose to start the process.And if a new board of directors were to take over things are likely to move more quickly. However it will take some doing to get control away from the Smith''s.

Indecisi0n

There were 2 fired from a local company (not FE) during an organizing campaign. It took 2 years for their cases to wind through the process. They both won, but they were without jobs and the income that goes with it for 2 years.

The law is on their side. Hopefully, they have the savings to keep up until the law finds in their favor.
If they were unjustly fired wouldn't back pay come into play?

barnyard

KTM rider
If they were unjustly fired wouldn't back pay come into play?
What Hondo said applied, but the 2 were unemployed and had to be job hunting. They found jobs, but what if they had not?? 2 years is a long time to be waiting.

The courts awarded both their jobs back, both declined as the union vote did not win and neither wanted to work at a non-union shop.

Indecisi0n

What Hondo said applied, but the 2 were unemployed and had to be job hunting. They found jobs, but what if they had not?? 2 years is a long time to be waiting.

The courts awarded both their jobs back, both declined as the union vote did not win and neither wanted to work at a non-union shop.
File for unemployment I guess.

bbsam

Staff member
Denied if you are fired for cause.

My point is that the employees that stick their necks out to organize really do need our support. It would be even better if labor laws made it just a little bit easier to organize.
Just think if the union stuck it's neck out and all Teamsters went on strike. It is after all The International Brotherhood.