It's peak what time did you punch out???

brownelf

8:46 tonite, they broke up 5 routes today cause the volume was down. Now that my 401K has maxed out my check was the largest ever, think I deserve a new toy.

DS

Fenderbender
It freaks me out how different it is at each hub.You'd never know it was the same company at times.
This is an easy peak here.Big push for getting everyone back by 19:00.
I do question the motives.When peak is over,and there is no seasonal help,back to 11 hour days.
I'm sorry,but I don't like the direction the company is going,
I hate logistics.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Peak season is actually easier than the rest of the year in my opinion. It isnt hot, and our loads are better because management is making at least some effort to actually get preload wrapped up instead of only caring about getting them off the clock. We had drivers working 60 and running out of hours during the summer when the company went on its insane route-elimination fetish, so we are pretty much used to the long hours. During the summer its just plain embarrassing to knock on doors at 9:00 at night and try to invent new excuses for our sh%tty service, whereas our customers sort of expect us to be working late during peak.

I dont mind working late because of peak season. I do mind working late because my management team is being a bunch of idiots.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It was lighter than expected yesterday in my center to the point where they moved work around and did not use all of the helpers. The weather here has yet to be a factor. I was a little heavier than the day before but still punched out at 18:15 with a 9:00 start.

over9five

Staff member
Was standing at the time clock waiting for my 8 hours to be up, straight 8 mind you, so I could punch out.
Wow, those days are gone for me. I got out early last night (9 hrs), so I'd have 11 left today to do a Bangor run. I should have just under 60 again.
Weather could put me over. Nice here, but how 'bout up there?