It's peak what time did you punch out???

menotyou

bella amicizia
Jack and 09 are correct. It is 14 hours punch in to punch out, period. That`s 13 paid hours and 1 hour lunch. It doesnt matter if we drive em or wash and wax em, its 14 p to p. The 1 hour unpaid however does not contribute to your 60 DOT total. So yes, technically that`s 65 hours at work but only 60 counts.
So, what part of what I said was wrong? You included my quote in with the other two, while pointing out they were right. That leads one to believe I was wrong. I would like to know how I am?

If you are stuck with your truck and can't leave it to go do your own thing, it does count according to the DOT. Paid or unpaid time in the service of your employer.

Out on route, you are stuck with the truck. Of course it locks, silly. It's paid or unpaid time in the service of your employer. UPS might not want to include your lunch, but the DOT does. Are you able to walk away from a feeder, jump in your personal vehicle and go have lunch at the Olive Garden with the wifey while in the middle of a trip? That's the point. You are stuck with the truck.

I can go on lunch and sleep in the truck. I can park at a restaurant and go inside. I can park in front of my house and have "lunch" with the wife. I can sit in the truck and read a paper. I can walk for 1/2 my lunch away from the truck and back towards it the second 1/2. The point is on my lunch I`m on my time and whatever I do is not included in my 60 hours of service.

So, what part of what I said was wrong? You included my quote in with the other two, while pointing out they were right. That leads one to believe I was wrong. I would like to know how I am?

Your statement of being "stuck with the truck" can apply with being stuck with being at a UPS facility as well. Irregardless when we are on lunch it`s unpaid, uncounted hours towards our 60.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I can go on lunch and sleep in the truck. I can park at a restaurant and go inside. I can park in front of my house and have "lunch" with the wife. I can sit in the truck and read a paper. I can walk for 1/2 my lunch away from the truck and back towards it the second 1/2. The point is on my lunch I`m on my time and whatever I do is not included in my 60 hours of service.

Your statement of being "stuck with the truck" can apply with being stuck with being at a UPS facility as well. Irregardless when we are on lunch it`s unpaid, uncounted hours towards our 60.
I cant go jump in my personal vehicle and leave. I believe you are wrong. I am talking about the 14 workable hours per day.

union4life

I cant go jump in my personal vehicle and leave.
We had a driver do thi just a month ago. His friend showed up, he locked his package car, and drove off to a place to eat way off his route. He would have got away with it but the friend's car didn't start after they finished eating. He was late getting back to route. Needless to say, he was in the office the next day.

We had a driver do thi just a month ago. His friend showed up, he locked his package car, and drove off to a place to eat way off his route. He would have got away with it but the friend's car didn't start after they finished eating. He was late getting back to route. Needless to say, he was in the office the next day.

I would bet it was for not being back on time. As far as where he went it was off the clock and not in the company vehicle or using company resources. He`s free and clear there.

over9five

Staff member
But he wasn't in trouble for leaving in someone elses car. He was in trouble for not being back on time.

I would bet it was for not being back on time. As far as where he went it was off the clock and not in the company vehicle or using company resources. He`s free and clear there.

But he wasn't in trouble for leaving in someone elses car. He was in trouble for not being back on time.

That's because those great minds are wrong. Just sayin':happy-very:

Or maybe we used big words that cute girls have problems understanding.

UPSGUY72

If you punch in at the same time each day. You can work 14 hrs and still be able to get your 10 off down time before your next shift starts. If your lunch didn't count toward your 14 max in one day and you work 14 your saying you really worked 15 with your lunch. If you punch in at the same time the next day you only had 9 hrs off down time violating dot his rules.

Your lunch counts toward your 60. 14 on 10 off equals 24 hours. Along as you don't violate the 14 hour rule you will never violate the 10 be rule if you punch in at the same time each day.

Your method of not counting your lunch and working 14 will lead to violating the 10 rule if you punch in at the same time each day. According to your method of not counting your lunch you only can work 13 hrs a day.

Therefore u are wrong and your lunch counts towards your 14 and 60.

kingOFchester

[h=2]D-2. If a carrier allows a driver to log mealtime or similar activities as off-duty time, does that permit a driver to extend the 14-hour duty period?[/h] No. Off-duty breaks during the day do not extend the workday to permit a driver to drive after the 14th consecutive hour on duty. However, time logged as off duty is not counted in calculating a driver's 60/70-hour on-duty limit.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations

C

chuchu

UPS does not pride itself on integrity, UPS prides itself on screwing both its customers and its employees out of as much money as possble in order to benefit its shareholders.

You need to call the 1-800 number. You also need to file an Article 37 grievance. You are being instructed to falsify delivery records, which is a form of coercion, which is a contract violation. Even if the grievance doesnt ultimately prevail, it will have the effect of exposing what your management is doing. Not only are our customers being defrauded out of the refunds that they are entitled to, but the absence of "missed" packages on the report enables your area management to pretend that the "plan" is working....which means that the same thing will happen again next year. The "plan" must be exposed for the failure that it is, which wont happen as long as your management continues hiding the truth.
Hang on to that tracking detail and 1Z. It is pretty good evidence for a class action lawsuit if they ever terminate you for something frivolous after filing the art.37....may as well add art.17 too and ask for "internal discipline" such as termination of all management involved with the coverup. Fire torpedoes one and two!

Complete and utter CF. The bright side is they wouldn`t give me my assigned vehicle so I had to take what was there. Problem was that vehicle had to be back in 9 hours so it could be given to its assigned driver (?). Ok, worked as directed, out the gate in 9:15. Gracias.