Just when I thought UPS couldn't screw us any worse... Addison, IL Hub closing for 2 years.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Your point?
Go read this thread from the beginning. I never said I worked in Chicago.

As for my name calling, I was replying to somebody being a smart ass.

Don't get your panties in such a bunch chick, mostly men work at UPS.

She's not from Chicago so her thoughts don't matter yet you're not from Chicago and yours do?

Chick? Men may outnumber women at UPS but as far as outworking us that's another debate.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I offered a suggestion. She offered since she could afford a long commute everyone can.

Short of bus service there's no public transportation near Addison. It is surrounded by highways though. Odds are the vast majority of employees drive to work.
Palatine is 15 miles to the north, CACH 20 to the south, Bedford /Franklin/Northbrook all roughly the same to the east.
Now what the OP didn't provide, other than his dissatisfaction, was are the possibility of driving to those buildings actually a burden to all the employees at Addison? How many actually live near there? Are any of the alternate buildings actually closer?
As I stated the company is honoring the contract and allowing affected employees to chose by seniority where they'd like to go. In today's day and age they could have just as easily taken a bulldozer to the place and handed out pink slips. As far as being able to afford to commute where's the suggestions of carpooling and other methods of reducing the expense? Part timers generally start and finish at the same time so how hard would it be to organize something ? Apparently complaining is much easier.

Last edited: