Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
God stays as far away from me as he can and he has good reason too!
image.jpg

wkmac

Never doubted it would but then you aren't in my shoes nor have you ever walked in them now have you?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
he Supreme Court ruling is just a ruling, not law. All law is enacted by congress and signed by the president. By not issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples, she is upholding the law.
No she's not. The ruling overturned the law on a constitutional basis. They don't enact laws, but they sure as hell get rid of them.

Homosexuality was removed from the recognized list of mental disorders in 1972.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good "I'm an oppressed Christian!" debate.

wkmac

Now that some have returned to fluffing, back to adult subjects. Leviticus 18 needs to be read in its full context and not for just a single isolated verse as doing so misses the greater point. The issue was the fact that the Israelite people were coming out of or surrounded by other religious practices in worshiping other gods. In Egypt one of the gods was in fact a goddess in Hathor symbolized by a bull with a solar disk between its horns and surrounded by the celestial serpent. In some cases Hathor was associated with the goddess Nut pronounced Nute who was also a sacred cow which represented the Milky Way.

As to Hathor, she was in greek religion Aphrodite and Venus to the Romans so you can see generally a religious love connection at play. In Leviticus 18:21 it is mentioned the Canaanite god Molech which is connected to the Canaanite El or Cronus or Saturn who would eat his young in order to protect himself in maintaining power. Saturn killed his father to become the high god and was foretold he would suffer the same fate as his father by his own children's hands, thus he ate them to prevent such but Jupiter ultimately prevailed and displaced his father as chief of the heavens. Molech was also associated with the Canaanite fertility goddess in Ashtoreth but also Baal who was both a fertility and storm god.

In some of these rites of sexual fertility, sex was manifest in different ways. Eunuch men dressing as women posing as temple prostitutes for other men. Temple priests holding sexual rites with children. Sound familiar? All manner of different sexual acts very much in the manner described in Leviticus 18.

In both Egypt and Canaan which was a tribute territory of Egypt, these religious cults were wide spread and with them were sexual religious practices of which were expressed in many ways and in different forms. The prohibitions were not so much the sexual act but rather a prohibition of not having any other gods before me. This was a hallmark trait of monotheism as expressed in Yahweh worship as opposed to the polytheism that surrounded them.

Granted most people just as a matter of what I might call natural law or natural action would find much of this stuff pretty detestable and naturally avoid them but these acts were only listed in Leviticus 18 in association with other gods and not a result of standing alone in and of themselves. Funny that it takes religion to get people to commit such acts. Ponder that thought!

If one reads the entire chapter of Leviticus 18 and the warnings of avoiding the practices of Egypt and Canaan, one can clearly see the context of what all the forbidden practices actually had to so with. If one does a little historical research and comparative religious study, this stuff just leaps off the pages as to what it's all about.

Taking a single verse and privileging that verse over all others quite often is dangerous and leads one to miss the full context of what is being discussed in the text itself.

If Ms. Davis would actually read her bible more closely, maybe her POV might have been a bit different.

Rainman

Its all good.
That document was already irrelevant before the ink was dry. Almost day one people were already looking for ways around it and twisting things to justify their own misdeeds.
Then go move somewhere that has no constitutional protections.

Rainman

Its all good.
No she's not. The ruling overturned the law on a constitutional basis. They don't enact laws, but they sure as hell get rid of them.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good "I'm an oppressed Christian!" debate.
Congress passed a law allowing states to define marriage. Kentucky residents passed a constitutional amendment by 75% of the popular vote definIng marriage as union between a man and a woman. So the Supreme Court is squashing the will of hundreds of thousands, maybe millions if citizens? Something here isn't right.

As far as the oppressed Christian comment goes, where in my post was anything along those lines mentioned?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Congress passed a law allowing states to define marriage. Kentucky residents passed a constitutional amendment by 75% of the popular vote definIng marriage as union between a man and a woman. So the Supreme Court is squashing the will of hundreds of thousands, maybe millions if citizens? Something here isn't right.

As far as the oppressed Christian comment goes, where in my post was anything along those lines mentioned?

The Supreme Court is the ultimate authority on the constitutionality of ANY STATE LAWS passed.

I am sure you would reverse your opinion if YOUR state outlawed GUNS.

You cant have it both ways, unless your not telling us something. *wink

TOS.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

...and those state laws were ruled unconstitutional under the 14th. Hence, they were overturned.