Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
so if federal "law of the land" rule the world... how does the recreational pot use still happen within states where the federal says no?
Because the Federal Government has the right to classify marijuana as a Schedule 1 illegal drug but it is up to each state to enforce and prosecute possession and to decide upon sentencing.

wkmac

Because the Federal Government has the right to classify marijuana as a Schedule 1 illegal drug but it is up to each state to enforce and prosecute possession and to decide upon sentencing.

You make a good point but Sport does as well. Credit to the Obama administration in many respects but to the ire of many limited state conservatives (oh the irony), the Federal gov't is looking the other way. Marijuana is slowly coming home to be a local issue where it should be.

soberups

It should not be any of the governments damn business to control:
1. The gender of the person I want to love or marry
2. Whether or not a woman can have an abortion or birth control
3. Whether or not a person can grow a pot plant and smoke its leaves in their own home.
4. The number or type of guns I own or how many bullets can fit in their magazines.
5. How much soda I can buy in a cup (this one's for you, Bloomberg!)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Cat lady, end of discussion lol:
0903-kim-davis-mug-shot-2.jpg

She is HOT!! I'm thinking she'd turn a lot of guys gay with that stunning combination of hotness and fervent Christianity. Plus, she's been married 4 times, with all sorts of accusations of infidelity and having another man's child. So, she's more of a threat to your straight marriage than the homos. Go figure.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I just don't understand how a same sex marriage is any kind of threat to mine.

It isn't. I've never had gays come to my door and try to convert me to their beliefs and lifestyle either. I guess that's on the way now that we've all turned to Satan.

Sportello

It isn't. I've never had gays come to my door and try to convert me to their beliefs and lifestyle either. I guess that's on the way now that we've all turned to Satan.
Oh, they'll be coming to your door, and they will seduce you with their decorating sense and fantastic parties. You are just a 6 pack away from gay. /s

wkmac

Amazing that the solution to life is so easy and yet we do everything we can to make it so hard!

11950251_974725109257596_868948086929131112_o.jpg

Last edited:

brett636

If her religious beliefs are in conflict with her job, then she needs to quit.

Answer me this: if she converted to Islam and her beliefs dictated that only Islamic weddings were recognized by Allah, would you support her right to refuse to issue wedding licenses to Christians? Or is discrimination only OK when it is aimed at a group that you don't happen to like?

Being that Muslims make up less than 3% of the country's population this seems like an unlikely scenario. Said clerk would be recalled in a heartbeat if this were to happen.

Homosexuality was removed from the recognized list of mental disorders in 1972.

This is correct, but was it the right thing to do? Most homosexuals I come across are not balanced individuals. Many have deep emotional problems, are extremely impulsive, and generally don't conduct themselves the way you would believe a balanced individual would. Couple this with the fact that there is no evidence that homosexuality is genetic and you have only one possibility left, and that is a mental disorder. I think the homosexual community as a whole would benefit from it being relisted as a mental illness.

soberups

Being that Muslims make up less than 3% of the country's population this seems like an unlikely scenario. Said clerk would be recalled in a heartbeat if this were to happen.

You didn't answer my question.

I will rephrase it for you to remove the offensive "Muslim" label and go with something a bit more mainstream. Lets say the clerk was a Roman Catholic who took it upon herself to deny marriage licenses to all non-Christians or anyone who had previously been divorced. Do you support the right of a government official to arbitrarily deny services to any citizen who does not conform to that official's personal religious beliefs? And do you support the Constitutional principle of separation of church and state?

moreluck

golden ticket member
She is HOT!! I'm thinking she'd turn a lot of guys gay with that stunning combination of hotness and fervent Christianity. Plus, she's been married 4 times, with all sorts of accusations of infidelity and having another man's child. So, she's more of a threat to your straight marriage than the homos. Go figure.
She's an elected, Democrat official.
Judges recuse themselves from situations....they don't go to jail. She should be able to recuse herself and have one of the underlings do it. How often does this happen in this area of North Carolina. I don't picture same sex people lined up out the door.

soberups

This is correct, but was it the right thing to do? Most homosexuals I come across are not balanced individuals. Many have deep emotional problems, are extremely impulsive, and generally don't conduct themselves the way you would believe a balanced individual would. Couple this with the fact that there is no evidence that homosexuality is genetic and you have only one possibility left, and that is a mental disorder. I think the homosexual community as a whole would benefit from it being relisted as a mental illness.

With all due respect to your skills as a truck driver, I will defer to the opinions of medical professionals in regards to the definition and diagnosis of mental disorders.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With all due respect to your skills as a truck driver, I will defer to the opinions of medical professionals in regards to the definition and diagnosis of mental disorders.

He's a Biblical expert, so his definition comes form the Bible, which, of course, does not diagnose medical disorders. Christians. however, are very good at cherry-picking Donald Trump's favorite book in order to get whatever meaning(s) they desire.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He's a Biblical expert, so his definition comes form the Bible, which, of course, does not diagnose medical disorders. Christians. however, are very good at cherry-picking Donald Trump's favorite book in order to get whatever meaning(s) they desire.
Cherry-picking is an all inclusive pastime and includes all kinds.

brett636

You didn't answer my question.

I will rephrase it for you to remove the offensive "Muslim" label and go with something a bit more mainstream. Lets say the clerk was a Roman Catholic who took it upon herself to deny marriage licenses to all non-Christians or anyone who had previously been divorced. Do you support the right of a government official to arbitrarily deny services to any citizen who does not conform to that official's personal religious beliefs? And do you support the Constitutional principle of separation of church and state?
+

There are no words in the Constitution that says "separation of church and state". I believe that in this country, as true with all nations, even those that purport to be secular in nature, that the government reflects the will and values of the people. This country is nearly 80% Christian and a Christian value is to love the sinner and hate the sin. As a majority Christian nation it is perfectly natural to reject gay marriage due to the sin of homosexuality, while loving those who are homosexual by getting them the mental and spiritual help they so desperately need. There is no sin in handing non Christians a marriage license, but to hand a homosexual couple a marriage license is endorsing the sin the couple is participating in which is Kim Davis's objection for doing so.

Those same medical professions will tell you its perfectly normal for you to have sexual fantasies involving your own mother. Most of the world of psychology is based on voodoo science anyway dreamed up by a man high on cocaine. Kinda puts the entire profession into a not so professional light. Not to say they don't get a few things right, but in removing homosexuality as a mental disorder was one area they got it wrong.

soberups

Just as Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white man in defiance of an unjust law Kim Davis is waging her own battle against an unjust ruling in support of the mentally troubled(read homosexual) to wed.

To be perfectly blunt, comparing Rosa Parks to Kim Davis is intellectually ridiculous as well as being demeaning to African Americans in regards to their struggle for civil rights.

Rosa Parks was being dehumanized and treated as a second-class citizen by Jim Crow laws that forced her to sit in the back of the bus and give up her seat to a white man. Her act of civil disobedience carried with it not only the consequence of jail time, but the very real risk of beating or even death at the hands of racist police and the KKK. She did not have well-funded crowds of supporters or exposure to national media or the Internet. She had no expectation of fair treatment or due process of law. She did not have the right to vote and she had no allies in government service or positions of power. And she was not trying to force her religious beliefs upon others or deny anyone else equality under the law. All she wanted to do was sit down in a seat on a bus ride that she had paid for.

Kim Davis, on the other hand, is a religious bigot who wants to use her position as a government employee to deny basic rights to other people. Her salary is paid by tax dollars that are paid, in part, by the very people whose rights she is denying. No one is trying to force her to change her beliefs, she is only being told to do her job. And she has no fear of persecution, beatings or death during her time in jail. Unlike Rosa Parks, she holds the key to her own cell.