Kim Davis - The Christian Rosa Parks

Rainman

Its all good.
What difference does that make? Bigots have no lock on any one party.
Sheriff Clark runs as a democrat every election in Milwaukee County. His views are anything but liberal.
It makes a big difference as TOS demeans and treats Republicans as villains and treats Democrats as of they do no wrong.
I agree both Dems and Pubs have their fair share of scum, but you won't get TOS to admit it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I support decisions by the Supreme Court when there is a valid constitutional reference to their final decision. Last I checked the words "gay marriage" never appear in the Constitution making the issue a state issue, not a federal one. Heller vs. DC was a no brainer as the words are written in black in white that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

This is a common misconception regarding modern Christianity. Christianity, as we now practice it, is based on the New Testament, while nearly everything you just highlighted are in the old testament. One consistency among both old testament and new testament teachings is that homosexuality is a sin. I know it hurts some people's feelings on this matter, but that is the truth. Some homosexual radicals are going as far to demand the church remove these writings from the bible altogether because it hurts their little brains to read that what they practice is viewed nearly on par with that of worshiping Satan, but that is for a whole other matter to discuss.

Now please note that in all my posts regarding this topic thus far I have not begun to preach about the "sin" of homosexuality. I have simply pointed out the flaws in the more mainstream outlook on why people are homosexual, and that Kim Davis is a victim of government overreach. The popular view is that homosexuality is genetic, and thus is not a choice making these people completely free to practice their perverted lifestyle in plain view of everyone. I am simply pointing out two things 1) there is no evidence that homosexuality is genetic making it most likely a mental illness 2)that Kim Davis, like Rosa Parks, is standing up for her beliefs and has gone to jail as a result. She is being forced to choose between her religious convictions or her livelihood which is really just persecuting Mrs. Davis for being Christian in the first place. That is not the ideals this country was founded upon.
There is also no evidence that the bible is anything but a cluster of fiction, much like Huckleberry Finn, just written centuries earlier.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
One consistency among both old testament and new testament teachings is that homosexuality is a sin. I know it hurts some people's feelings on this matter, but that is the truth.
Bottom line is the world is moving on without you.
Most of the people who oppose gay marriage are old. You're gonna die, and your bigotry will die with you.
Sorry if that "hurts some people's feelings on this matter, but that is the truth".

iowa boy

She cant be fired. She is an elected official.. Next year, in the next legislature, she can be impeached and removed from office.

I prefer, that she sit in jail and pray that Jesus will knock down a wall and restore her to her position as head bigot at the Kansas marriage license office.

TOS.

I want her job... Get thrown in jail, not show up to work for however long she deems it necessary, and yet keeps her job with full pay and benefits.

As much as it pains me to say this, TOS is right that she cannot be fired from her job. The only options available to the people is either force a recall election or be impeached.

But her claim she put out that the marriage licenses issued to gay couples are void...
enhanced-561-1441219928-15.png

That argument doesn't hold a lot of water.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I support decisions by the Supreme Court when there is a valid constitutional reference to their final decision. Last I checked the words "gay marriage" never appear in the Constitution making the issue a state issue, not a federal one. Heller vs. DC was a no brainer as the words are written in black in white that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

This is a common misconception regarding modern Christianity. Christianity, as we now practice it, is based on the New Testament, while nearly everything you just highlighted are in the old testament. One consistency among both old testament and new testament teachings is that homosexuality is a sin. I know it hurts some people's feelings on this matter, but that is the truth. Some homosexual radicals are going as far to demand the church remove these writings from the bible altogether because it hurts their little brains to read that what they practice is viewed nearly on par with that of worshiping Satan, but that is for a whole other matter to discuss.

Now please note that in all my posts regarding this topic thus far I have not begun to preach about the "sin" of homosexuality. I have simply pointed out the flaws in the more mainstream outlook on why people are homosexual, and that Kim Davis is a victim of government overreach. The popular view is that homosexuality is genetic, and thus is not a choice making these people completely free to practice their perverted lifestyle in plain view of everyone. I am simply pointing out two things 1) there is no evidence that homosexuality is genetic making it most likely a mental illness 2)that Kim Davis, like Rosa Parks, is standing up for her beliefs and has gone to jail as a result. She is being forced to choose between her religious convictions or her livelihood which is really just persecuting Mrs. Davis for being Christian in the first place. That is not the ideals this country was founded upon.

If Kim Davis doesn't want to assume the responsibilities inherent in a government job, perhaps she shouldn't have it, or taken the job in the first place. There is no persecution here. Ms. Davis is free to be a Christian, but she isn't free to impose it upon others in the performance of her government job. Inherent in accepting a government job is the responsibility to perform the job as directed. If I'm a US Marine (a government job), and say I can't kill Omar The Terrorist because I'm a Christian and 14 of my buddies get killed as a result, I get court-martialed. I am being forced to choose between my religious convictions and my job too, so would I be a "persecuted Christian"?

Your "logic" that homosexuality is a mental illness is very weak, if not outright disturbed. I can guarantee you that someone in your extended family is either secretly gay (I know they're not going to tell you), had a gay experience, and/or bi-sexual. You will never know that they have a "mental illness".

You really need to see someone, other than your minister or Bible Study teacher, because you need some help we can't give you here.

10 point

If Kim Davis doesn't want to assume the responsibilities inherent in a government job, perhaps she shouldn't have it, or taken the job in the first place. There is no persecution here. Ms. Davis is free to be a Christian, but she isn't free to impose it upon others in the performance of her government job. Inherent in accepting a government job is the responsibility to perform the job as directed. If I'm a US Marine (a government job), and say I can't kill Omar The Terrorist because I'm a Christian and 14 of my buddies get killed as a result, I get court-martialed. I am being forced to choose between my religious convictions and my job too, so would I be a "persecuted Christian"?

Your "logic" that homosexuality is a mental illness is very weak, if not outright disturbed. I can guarantee you that someone in your extended family is either secretly gay (I know they're not going to tell you), had a gay experience, and/or bi-sexual. You will never know that they have a "mental illness".

You really need to see someone, other than your minister or Bible Study teacher, because you need some help we can't give you here.
That last paragraph is a tad bit much in the realm of a judgmental statement but...

the law changed during her term so if you cannot support the law, legally beat the law, or find an exemption for yourself it may be time to leave office.

No one is making her stay in her elected position and if you believe that the ship's sinking, well, bail out.

She should only have to remain incarcerated until her term is up if she doesn't run or get elected again.

Shake the dust off your shoes and find another job that doesn't force you to go against your beliefs.

wkmac

@brett636, what about Matthew 5:32?

I hear so many "christians" like Brett who will among other verses spout off Leviticus 18 as a condemnation against homosexuality but for some reason they then totally overlook Leviticus 20:10 which sez:

And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

I should point out that Leviticus 20 is not capital punishment but orders the offender to be separated from the people. Seems adultery among heterosexuals is judged far worse than a couple of guys doing the bedroom tango.

There is also Exodus 20:14, Deuteronomy 22:22, Proverbs 6:32, Matthew 19:9, Mark 10:11, Mark 10:12, Luke 16:18.

If the bible being the perfect word of god were adhered too by christians as many try to adhere it on everyone else, there would either be far fewer christians (as in executed christians) or for the sake of preserving the sanctity of the god ordained institution of marriage ;) there is a lot less adultery.

And of course there is my favorite verse Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

I'm betting back in the day when husbands who got in bar fights, the wives stayed as far away from that $:censored2: as they could!
:laugh:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The best solution is for the government to get out of the marriage business.
The next best thing would be to eliminate her job altogether and centralize the issuing of paperwork to the state capital. Surely all the conservatives that complain about government waste could get behind that.
They pay this wacko $80,000 a year. What a waste.

wkmac

The best solution is for the government to get out of the marriage business.

BINGO! Never should have been in the bidness in the first place.

The next best thing would be to eliminate her job altogether and centralize the issuing of paperwork to the state capital.

And after centralizing so much in Washington, how has that worked out for us? State capitals are little better.

Surely all the conservatives that complain about government waste could get behind that.
They pay this wacko $80,000 a year. What a waste.

I'm sure conservatives have never voted in wackos that are a waste of money!

Funny how it's always the other party who elect the idiots. ;)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh, they'll be coming to your door, and they will seduce you with their decorating sense and fantastic parties. You are just a 6 pack away from gay. /s
This brings back a memory from years ago.
My niece was visiting from Phoenix and wanted to get her hair "done" while here.
She started her search over the phone and the first question she asked was if the hairdresser was a gay man.
Her number one criteria was that a gay man cut her hair.
Very funny to me at that time 20 years ago.

This brings back a memory from years ago.
My niece was visiting from Phoenix and wanted to get her hair "done" while here.
She started her search over the phone and the first question she asked was if the hairdresser was a gay man.
Her number one criteria was that a gay man cut her hair.
Very funny to me at that time 20 years ago.
I didn't know that you cut hair?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm sure conservatives have never voted in wackos that are a waste of money!

Funny how it's always the other party who elect the idiots. ;)
Yes where would they be without the other to blame it all on.
I'd say the idiots are the people who elect them, from either of the two parties.

I actually think the elected tend to be fairly intelligent people who know the game and are playing it to their own benefit. Some play it better than others, but they're all playing the part of public servant with the real goal of being the master.