l feel pathetic when the sups send guys to help me with my trucks..(preload)..

W

What The Hawk?

I'm thankful, don't get me wrong. They do help me. But I just feel weak. And when the drivers come in and see other preloaders who are guys helping me out it makes me feel :censored2:ing pathetic, that I can't do my damn job. I don't want it to be like that. I want to be able to do my own damn trucks, even with big ass and heavy irregs. Really need advice I guess or to know that someone has gone through something similar and how they fixed it. I just keep thinking that if I can't do my job as a preloader, how the :censored2: am I going to be a driver? I see other female drivers who can do this :censored2:...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Uh, it does matter.

Why are they sending you to help others and then having to bail you out when it comes time to wrap your cars?
Failure to train new hires correctly because sups are loading trucks themselves comes to mind. Keeping people under their thumb to make them feel like they are never good enough is another. Or the new hire is getting the crap set because the other preloaders don't want it is another.

Indecisi0n

I'm thankful, don't get me wrong. They do help me. But I just feel weak. And when the drivers come in and see other preloaders who are guys helping me out it makes me feel :censored2:ing pathetic, that I can't do my damn job. I don't want it to be like that. I want to be able to do my own damn trucks, even with big ass and heavy irregs. Really need advice I guess or to know that someone has gone through something similar and how they fixed it. I just keep thinking that if I can't do my job as a preloader, how the :censored2: am I going to be a driver? I see other female drivers who can do this :censored2:...

If you are down on yourself this much for needing help you have the wrong attitude to survive here.

On a more serious note, are the females there hot?

MendozaJ

If this is an everyday occurrence then, yeah, you should feel bad. 200 pph means you're hustling. 180 pph is a reasonable pace. I think anything less than that and you're slacking.

jbg77

How long have you been a loader? Are you sorting a belt and loading PCs? How many pieces do you average loading? Answer those questions and I'll respond to the first question?

Dr.Brownz

Uh, because not every truck is the same? I have 100+ box difference every day as does everyone else. That's why

I love it when these drivers/preloaders try to compare the rural route with a city route and then act like the rural route is super heavy (OMG 100 boxes OH NO!)

Dr.Brownz

How long have you been a loader? Are you sorting a belt and loading PCs? How many pieces do you average loading? Answer those questions and I'll respond to the first question?

OP forget all these statistics and pay them no mind. If UPS needs to send you help, then friend* UPS, they can send you help. Who gives a crap what some loser who works preload or some other D-bags think.

*Unless of course you haven't made seniority, then keep making them think you really want to work super hard for $10 an hour.

Dr.Brownz

If this is an everyday occurrence then, yeah, you should feel bad. 200 pph means you're hustling. 180 pph is a reasonable pace. I think anything less than that and you're slacking.

You can load 180 150lb boxes in an hour? Careful man sounds like you might hurt your back.

Are you a PT sup? If not I'd advise you to forget all that statistic crap. Just work at a reasonable pace. If you are well LOL

dudebro

Not always.

It depends on the position the preloader is in.

For example, if you're at the front of a belt to car and you have to sort through a lot of packages to get to yours, 180 might be unreasonable.

35years

Gravy route
I as a driver would much rather have a preloader who asks for help than one who tries to do it all themselves. Your attitude tells me that you are just fine. The only problem is a preloader that doesn't care and purposely slacks off. Do what you can. It is never enough according to UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You get paid the same no matter what, so who cares?

dudebro

You can load 180 150lb boxes in an hour? Careful man sounds like you might hurt your back.

Are you a PT sup? If not I'd advise you to forget all that statistic crap. Just work at a reasonable pace. If you are well LOL

C'mon man, you have a point, but every package doesn't weigh 150 lbs. Saying stuff like that undermines your argument.

The jobs are designed for an average person working at an average pace.

Watch the "fastest" preloaders in any building. They never seem to be working that hard. But their mastery of the methods through practice makes them very smooth.

Dr.Brownz

C'mon man, you have a point, but every package doesn't weigh 150 lbs. Saying stuff like that undermines your argument.

The jobs are designed for an average person working at an average pace.

Watch the "fastest" preloaders in any building. They never seem to be working that hard. But their mastery of the methods through practice makes them very smooth.

Ok so what if it is mostly 65lb bags of dog food? Point is you don't know the exact conditions of the load so stop trying to judge it with an arbitrary metric.

The fastest loaders in my building also have the crappiest most bulked out loads. The ones who get help at the end have nicer loads because they are actually using some thought in loading instead of just throwing it in.

Dr.Brownz

Not always.

It depends on the position the preloader is in.

For example, if you're at the front of a belt to car and you have to sort through a lot of packages to get to yours, 180 might be unreasonable.

Stop trying to be reasonable. We all know you feel the need to cut jobs immediately and you probably believe the preloaders at the front could load 4 cars if they had a more positive attitude.