Latest news calls to reject contract...

No, TOS and Derf. It is a long time standing procedure, that if negotiations and/or vote counting is still continuing as of the expiration date of the current contract, that what the parties do is to agree to extend the current contract for some time, usually a few weeks or months. There still could be some strikes, but that wouldn't be for many months from now, if it even happened, which is unlikely.
Tell this to the general public who hate unions and think we are compensated to much. I'm sure the customers will all stay with a two or three month extension. It all going to be fine. The general public will sympathize with me because I made 90 thousand last year and my benifits package is about 35 grand on top of it. Good move

rudy5150

Tell this to the general public who hate unions and think we are compensated to much. I'm sure the customers will all stay with a two or three month extension. It all going to be fine. The general public will sympathize with me because I made 90 thousand last year and my benifits package is about 35 grand on top of it. Good move

The majority of UPS workforce is part time and we work like slaves.....very few make 90 grand a yr. i bet the average part timers makes 12 grand a yr. Lets see what the public thinks about that with 5 billion dollar profits

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No, TOS and Derf. It is a long time standing procedure, that if negotiations and/or vote counting is still continuing as of the expiration date of the current contract, that what the parties do is to agree to extend the current contract for some time, usually a few weeks or months. There still could be some strikes, but that wouldn't be for many months from now, if it even happened, which is unlikely.

​I'm sure FedEx understands that and will not tell UPS customers any different.

stink219

The majority of UPS workforce is part time and we work like slaves.....very few make 90 grand a yr. i bet the average part timers makes 12 grand a yr. Lets see what the public thinks about that with 5 billion dollar profits
Rudy, are you looking for more money or more hours? Most part timers that I know work no more than 3.5 with the majority going home before the guarantee. I agree, per hour you guys work very hard, but I think 407 was trying to say that the general public only knows that you can make 18 bucks as a part timer and get free health care and a pension. That's the perception. It's hard, but compared to "slave labor"? Really? I worked part time at UPS and before that I worked for a masonry company, that was the hardest job I ever had. I made 8 bucks an hour, I carried stone for 8 hours a day, no health, no pension and was let go because not enough jobs coming in.

stink219

Clear out your inbox Playa'. Been trying to PM you in the union biz tip!

rudy5150

Im looking for more hours and $ especially since management is pushing us and harassing more than ever before. On top of that they have no respect for the contract and do UNION WORK daily which takes $ out of my pocket and the pension fund. This is going on all over and I guarentee that is why the supplements got voted down along with the healthcare issue. Our BA's need to wake the hell up and put a stop to this!

stink219

Im looking for more hours and $ especially since management is pushing us and harassing more than ever before. On top of that they have no respect for the contract and do UNION WORK daily which takes $ out of my pocket and the pension fund. This is going on all over and I guarentee that is why the supplements got voted down along with the healthcare issue. Our BA's need to wake the hell up and put a stop to this!
Do you guys file on sups working?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

Rudy look to the right and left of you are those guys filing or are they going home ? Did they vote or throw their ballots in the trash. Are you filing for sups doing your work ? Are you collecting double for the hours they took away from you? The BA's cannot be everywhere ,besides it starts with you . File File , File , if you need the hours what can they do do you ? Put you in the worse job in the building and under the new TA that is harrasment. You are the union not only the BA's and the Stewards ,contract enforcement starts with you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Rudy look to the right and left of you are those guys filing or are they going home ? Did they vote or throw their ballots in the trash. Are you filing for sups doing your work ? Are you collecting double for the hours they took away from you? The BA's cannot be everywhere ,besides it starts with you . File File , File , if you need the hours what can they do do you ? Put you in the worse job in the building and under the new TA that is harrasment. You are the union not only the BA's and the Stewards ,contract enforcement starts with you.

Filing is not the problem here in 396. Winning those grievances is. Our local is so weak, they couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Ever since moving our cases to the "deadlock" committees, local 396 cant win a supe working case to save their lives.

The B.A.'s here get their collective ashes handed to them on every case.

You can file a million grievances and become a paper tiger, but when the shift hits the fan, the local loses almost every case or deadlocks it into eternity.

Ya , ya, we know, vote them out. Unfortunately, we have to wait one more year, but its in the works after this contract nightmare.

Peace

TOS

stink219

Filing is not the problem here in 396. Winning those grievances is. Our local is so weak, they couldnt fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Ever since moving our cases to the "deadlock" committees, local 396 cant win a supe working case to save their lives.

The B.A.'s here get their collective ashes handed to them on every case.

You can file a million grievances and become a paper tiger, but when the shift hits the fan, the local loses almost every case or deadlocks it into eternity.

Ya , ya, we know, vote them out. Unfortunately, we have to wait one more year, but its in the works after this contract nightmare.

Peace

TOS
Who is an your arbitrator list? Sounds like they are in UPS' pocket not the Teamsters. Our sups working grievances never make it to deadlock. They are paid out at the local level.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Who is an your arbitrator list? Sounds like they are in UPS' pocket not the Teamsters. Our sups working grievances never make it to deadlock. They are paid out at the local level.

Dude, you have a local of less than 600 members at UPS. We have almost 9000. You dont really believe your case log is as big as out here, do ya?

Also, I am not clear what you were trying to ask, as your first sentence didnt make sense. Deadlocks come in the PANEL HEARINGS and not arbitrations.

Thus, the nickname "deadlock committees".

Yes, winning a case begins at the member level, but only becomes a winning case when the local is prepared to hold the company accountable, but when the local fails to do that, the members are up a creek.

Here, this is what we here from our current business agents "the company's position is that they had to work because someone called in sick"..

Its always "the company's position"..

As members, we are stuck with these guys until the next election cycle comes around next year, and with this contract, everyone is motivated to make a change.

Peace

TOS

reginald95

Been hearing people talk that Amazon is considering leaving UPS. Anyone know anything about this? This would be a big blow to us even if we get a contract we can agree on.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Been hearing people talk that Amazon is considering leaving UPS. Anyone know anything about this? This would be a big blow to us even if we get a contract we can agree on.

Sounds like an old recycled rumor to me.
I remember the thread on here saying "Amazon leaving March 1st if no contract signed" or something like that...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are issues with the website which are not allowing me to edit the above post so I will add my thoughts here:

While I agree that this is probably a recycled rumor if this were to become reality it would be devastating. At least 1/3 of my residentials are Amazon so, yeah, a lot of care.

rudy5150

Its not the teamsters fault if we lose amazon. Treat your workers with respect, share profits with them, put them ahead of shareholders, quit trying to take from them, stop threatening their jobs, stop giving them more and more work daily, stop tryin to lie and use trickery for production. Ups has nobody to blame but themselves if they lose work to fed ex.

IzzyTheNose

Can't blame the company solely for this one. The negotiating committee on our side played an equal part, as did all the local Presidents, BA's and stewards that blindly tried to get this contract to pass, even going as far as to spread misinformation.

stink219

Dude, you have a local of less than 600 members at UPS. We have almost 9000.
Well its about 1500 not 600. What does it matter if it's 1 member of 25,000?

Also, I am not clear what you were trying to ask, as your first sentence didnt make sense. Deadlocks come in the PANEL HEARINGS and not arbitrations.
I mistyped the word "an". Should have been "on". My sincerest apology for this mishap.

Yes, winning a case begins at the member level, but only becomes a winning case when the local is prepared to hold the company accountable, but when the local fails to do that, the members are up a creek.
If your BA is as complacent as you say, he won't last. If you do right by the people, you will get reelected every time. How long has the BA been in?