"Leading with Integrity" is the responsibility of UPS management.

Integrity

Binge Poster
From the CEO in the corporate office down to the lowly part-time supervisor in the operations; you are responsible to be the leaders that you are paid to be and to "Lead with Integrity", not against him.

It is your responsibility to set the example by following the UPS Business Code of Conduct and to adhere to all policies, procedures, methods and guidelines. UPS pays you to "lead with Integrity"

It is also your responsibility to treat every fellow employee, hourly or management with dignity and respect. You are to see that every package entrusted to you is treated as a special guest. UPS pays you to do this with Integrity.

You must have a Safety First not a Production First approach to all your daily activities and duties.

If anyone is preventing you or hindering you from doing any of these then you are responsible for reporting that person. You have a right to do this without fear of retaliation or retribution. No UPS employee has a right to prevent you from fulfilling the responsibilities and duties that UPS pays you for.

You're either with Integrity or you're against him.

I

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
After a couple of meaningless segways, this thread was created with some "teeth" and a message. It is a shame that it's fictional in this context.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Who's your doctor? I wanna have some of what you are taking.

On a serious note

There are a lot of things UPS can take from you after you have worked there a while. The only one that they cant take, and you have to give away is integrity. Usually it is via incrementalism, sometimes not. But you wake up one morning, and you dont even know who you have become, because you have lost it.

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled I tunes show.......

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
After a couple of meaningless segways, this thread was created with some "teeth" and a message. It is a shame that it's fictional in this context.

Dear Bubblehead,

Fictional? What do you mean by this? It would be very helpful to my cause for you to elaborate on this statement. Thank You.

Sincerely,

I

Floridacargocat

Going back to basics.
Definition of Integrity

According to YourDictionary, integrity is defined as:
  1. the quality or state of being complete; unbroken condition; wholeness; entirety
  2. the quality or state of being unimpaired; perfect condition; soundness
  3. the quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity
When someone is said to be a person of integrity, this generally means that he/she is considered to have a strong moral character. Integrity is thought by many to be one of the most important virtues a person can possess.

As an ethical concept, integrity depends upon consistency. To have integrity, a person must base his/her actions upon a well-thought out framework of moral principles. What he/she does should be the same as what he/she says. For example, a person who speaks about the need to improve the educational system in the United States would have integrity if he/she volunteered to tutor local schoolchildren, voted for a proposal to give raises to high performing teachers, or gave money to charities that provided scholarships for deserving students.
Since integrity is closely linked with honesty, it should come as no surprise that integrity tests are routinely used by businesses throughout the United States. These tests are particularly common among those seeking to hire people for low-skilled service positions that involve much public contact, such as convenience store employees and retail clerks. The tests ask a variety of questions designed to determine the applicant’s perception of ethical behavior, such as what he/she would do if a coworker was caught stealing or whether or not it is ever morally justifiable to conduct personal business during working hours. The tests claim to be able to help detect employees who would engage in counterproductive activities such as theft, tardiness, or excessive absenteeism. However, the tests are not perfect and different screening tools can often produce contradictory results.
If you are interested in learning more about the definition of integrity, YourDictionary recommends visiting the following helpful Web sites:
My interpretation in plain simple English: Can you look into the mirror and say: Yes, I can live with this? Suggest to read "Profiles in Courage" attributed to the late John friend. Kennedy. Persons described there did have courage and integrity. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiles_in_Courage