Letter for missed punch out

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by paul purple, Oct 21, 2015.

1. paul purple

paul purple New Member

I apologize for jumping right in without introducing myself properly but I'm in hot water for not punching out a few times. Any other employees at other stations having this issue? How is it being handled?

2. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

"A few times"... Maybe you should punch out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. paul purple

paul purple New Member

Indeed. I absolutely should. I screwed up. Totally. I get it. I'm not the only one dealing with the issue tho and it's become a serious problem. I just wondered if the problem was universal.

4. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I've gotten two OLCC's for not punching out, but that was before the electronic punch in/out. Not sure how it's being handled now.

5. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

Are you a driver? Loader?

6. paul purple

paul purple New Member

Driver. Which means all my times are in my PP and I have a printed time card. The KONOS seems superfluous. But I understand it's the rules. I'm not arguing that.

7. Operational needs

I just asked my mgr. It's still an OLCC offense in my station. And now he's telling me I forgot yesterday. LMAO!

8. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

ya , it's universal. i dont know anyone who punches out anymore.

the next thing you know they'll be walking you out.

9. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

I don't know what a PP is but the few times that I have forgotten to punch out, well not forgotten but sometimes in the Diad you hit on the screen and it doesn't work the Sup that does the time cards will clock me out at the time I arrived to the building.

10. Operational needs

PP is Powerpad, FedEx.

11. paul purple

paul purple New Member

PP = Power Pad. Maybe it's just a difference in terminology but I'm not familiar with "Diad". So... if you leave without clocking out... they'll do it for you at your "end on road" time? They're threatening to FIRE me for not clocking out. How can there be so much disparity in the standards?

12. paul purple

paul purple New Member

I see now... I guess Diad is a UPS thing. My mngr said everyone does it this way because it's a DOT rule. I'm finding that hard to believe.

13. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

I've "forgotten" to clock out 2 or 3 times, although I'm pretty sure I clocked out but just forgot to hit the confirm prompt on the screen. Which apparently won't register as you clocking out if you don't confirm it. Stupid. Anyway nothing came of it. Was just informed "hey you forgot to clock out so we punched you out at the time you ended work on the PP." No actual olcc just reminded to please make sure I punch out all the way.

14. paul purple

paul purple New Member

How long ago?

15. Express Courier

Eh I dunno, several months ago. Closer to when the clocks first got installed than now.

16. Express Courier

I guess there was probably a grace period that we were still in when those occured.

17. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

It happened to me a couple of weeks ago, that's just the way it happens. You hit the confirm key and it doesn't do it.
    The clocked me out at "end of road" time like you said.

18. paul purple

paul purple New Member

But isn't that the whole reason fedex got sued a few years back? For unpaid time? Like... Your end on road wasn't the last work you did. You did your courier report and printed your time card... Etc.

19. mike1646

mike1646 Active Member

Is not their fault he didn't punch out. I think I would rather lose those 10 minutes than get a warning.

20. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

How about you clock out, daily, like everyone else?