Life insurance

I wasn't aware that additional insurance bought through UPS was portable. I'm guessing the subsidized cost of it would go away once separated. Generally speaking, the subsidized pricing offered by the company still can't beat the open market if you shop around. Then, as you pointed out, your locked in a high price once seperated.
Its portable. Just at much higher cost. I have 100k on myself at work. A few bucks a week. This thread got me thinking. I need a little more.

Many employees DONT even realize that UPS give you life insurance. Full-time 2080x hourly rate.

SafeYARDdog

Hello, wanted to ask if anybody here has got Life insurance through UPS. And if they do, if they can maybe point me in the right direction to be able to start the process of obtaining it.
Got married recently and I want to be able to provide for my family if anything happens to me.

Also, what would be a good number to start at ( money wise)? It's just me and wife right now but we plan on having children in the near future.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I bought 1mil. Several bucks from your weekly paycheck.
It is really cheap but you ll hope your family don't have to use it. :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Some good web sites that give free quotes from many life insurance companies. (Hint Hint)

gecko01s.gif

HBGPreloader

I don't have the paperwork in front of me.
However, as far as I recall, our new Teamcare insurance includes a life insurance policy worth ~4x our annual earnings for part-timers...
https://myteamcare.org/teamcare_ben...nd_accidental_death__dismemberment_(add).aspx
As convenient as it may be, if I were to buy additional life insurance now, I would not go through UPS or the Teamsters because you'll likely get a better deal through a higher rated company if you shopped on your own.