Life only Pension?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Doctors and Dentists are some of the worst money hungry bastards out there. There seems to always be some kind of follow up that needs to be done.
Not only follow ups but follow befores.
Got to get on the needless overkill rule everything out treadmill.
Got Insurance? Let's get started.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Soooo, I keep thinking of retirement also.
BUT, I seriously cant stand the thought of spending all that time with wifey.
Is that horrible? I don't hate her or anything, but 24/7? I cant do it...
I was kinda worried about that also.
All the smilet at UPS all those years is training you don't know you're getting.
I can take anything she dishes out. We have a lot of fun.
The "rediscover" bs you read about, is actually true.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The question with pension maximization is how long do you go out with life insurance coverage, and for how much?

For me, I'm guaranteed 10 years payments so that would be around $525k pre tax.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
The question with pension maximization is how longdo you go out with life insurance coverage, and for how much?

For me, I'm guaranteed 10 years payments so that would be around $525k pre tax.
The insurance company is gambling on you living while you are gambling that you will die

What'dyabringmetoday???

You don't know me.

And, I'll decide and how to think.

Make believe? Words have meaning.

I suspect my comments hit too close to home for you.

Now, review this whole thread. And there are SEVERAL high timers mentioned....none of the b.s. I have to wade through.
Your comments do no such thing- but YOU continue to bring everything up. Screw what people think. Keep making the cash enjoying life. And chill...

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I'm just trying to make sure she is well taken care of in case I'm not around.

It's a mixed curse of starting this job at a very young age
If you are not 100% sure you are ready to retire then it is not time yet. After I had put in 30 full time years my wife would ask me “when are you going to retire” I would just tell her I will know when. I would think about it at times but I couldn’t see myself retiring and this went on for years then one day I just woke up and I couldn’t see myself doing this anymore. All fears that had kept me from wanting to retire was gone. From that day in Feb 2020 I set a retirement date of Oct 30 2020 and started getting everything in order to leave. I never looked back. Spend this time getting your questions answered and running numbers to see how much money you will need to live. The more you know the more comfortable you will be when you make the decision. Good Luck!

If you are not 100% sure you are ready to retire then it is not time yet. After I had put in 30 full time years my wife would ask me “when are you going to retire” I would just tell her I will know when. I would think about it at times but I couldn’t see myself retiring and this went on for years then one day I just woke up and I couldn’t see myself doing this anymore. All fears that had kept me from wanting to retire was gone. From that day in Feb 2020 I set a retirement date of Oct 30 2020 and started getting everything in order to leave. I never looked back. Spend this time getting your questions answered and running numbers to see how much money you will need to live. The more you know the more comfortable you will be when you make the decision. Good Luck!
Last year kind of blew up my retirement plans
But it all wasn't in a bad way It just messed up my short-term of getting out of here but it also secured my long-term chance of having money when I get older

oldngray

nowhere special
Once you get to the point you can retire anytime you feel like it most of the pressure is off you at work. But it is hard to keep going to work when you know you have the option of calling it quits.