Local 2727 update

Discussion in 'UPS Airline / Gateway' started by airbusfxr, Jul 21, 2010.

1. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

Heard that the Mediator has been in talks with the Union to address the open issues. I have a feeling that a new E-Board will be in place before talks are reopened at Art 1 Sec 1.

2. UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS Well-Known Member

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2727 thread is back, how's the big strike going??? What?? It didn't happen yet?? I hope this new 2727 thread is not going to be ten more months of idle threats..... :)

3. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

New EBoard will make sure this is settled.

4. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

July...August...September....November....December......January.......February...........March.................April..............................TO REMEMBER???

Don't forget that you told us that 2727 would shut down the airline in November!!!

5. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Is that why UPS is going to outside servicing of jets?

6. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

UPS can use vendors for heavy maintenance and Laws regulate overseas work. The problem is that UPS sneeks jets overseas when typical work is due here. They then claim that wow the jet is in KIX and OMG a PMC is due. We have planners that sent work overseas when it is contractually done here in the USA. Since the contract has expired years ago it seems that along with no raises, no benefit enhancements and more subcontracting we have lost over 10% of the workorce. We have won grievences of subcontracting but UPS would rather try to sneek it overseas than pay people already on the payroll.

7. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

Yes and the federal mediator said no because of the RLA of 1929. Dont worry it is better to work and have UPSCO lose money on broke planes, late in and outs and long out of service events. Look at MD11 dispatch and OOS lost revenue on UPS Air Group website. It is unreal how much lost service commitments are being recorded and no way to stop the bleeding.

8. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

Send a link to the web site. What's dispatch and OOS?

9. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

Air Group apps, sorry you dont need it. Trust me.

10. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

apps? Dude, I don't trust you because I don't know *** you're talking about!!!

11. UPSSOCKS

Man are we losing a bunch of revenue.. Did anybody catch the second quarter earnings???? Man 2727 really stuck it to Big Brown...

12. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

Stepped over a dollar to pick up a penny.

13. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

Agree with that....What's the link?

14. UPSSOCKS

Keep hanging on to that because it is so far from the truth...

15. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

Yes I see it everyday. 10 billion to GE, MD11's, etc etc. Your not at UPSCO and do not see the big picture. Your lucky you are in a little center where you have little to do to make UPS a success.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  16. UPSSOCKS

I see more of this company than most.. You don't see the big picture. Not to mention all the cuts in the Air divisions, have led this company back into the light... How's that big strike going??

17. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

Airbus: I've asked you no less than 3X for some links or anything that would support your statements.

So far....Nothing...

Are you full of crap?????? So far.....

18. poiuy

poiuy New Member

Big sickout tomorrow night? Is this the August to remember? Can't the union get sued for illeagle job actions?

19. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

If your sick aeiou sometimes y, then your sick. You have option days, who cares about you when your sick.

20. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan New Member

It does appear that the union ran out of steam. The only thing this e-board can do is get a lazy guy his job back that was sleeping on the job. Where is the contract? Time for change in October!