Local 705 out of Chicago negotiates their own contract and its better than yours !

1eyejack

Re: Local 705 out of Chicago negotiates their own contract and its better than yours

I think its wrong that local negotiates different contract .Don't we all have one contract with no side deals .It would suck if we hook up with different locals and in the Master contract it states that local 769 & 710 &360 &410 get a xtra 15 min smoke break and get a 15 min down time .How would are other locals feel , We all do the same hard work and make the same pay why should different locals think that they are better then there brothers and sisters. At UPS around the states or you think its ok to hold up the contract, so we get other side deals and friend are brothers and sisters at UPS because we think of are self as being more special then the rest ... Thats why with the APWA there will be no other side deals unless its for All of the UPS employees.. Thats wht we would like no more of these side deals that think ur better then the rest of us ......

Cole

Re: Local 705 out of Chicago negotiates their own contract and its better than yours

The members vote on their respective supplements, so if one is weaker than others that is on the members that voted it in. IMHO

I do thinbk we should be under one contract for all, as regional issues could be addressed in it as well.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I think its wrong that local negotiates different contract .Don't we all have one contract with no side deals .It would suck if we hook up with different locals and in the Master contract it states that local 769 & 710 &360 &410 get a xtra 15 min smoke break and get a 15 min down time .How would are other locals feel , We all do the same hard work and make the same pay why should different locals think that they are better then there brothers and sisters. At UPS around the states or you think its ok to hold up the contract, so we get other side deals and friend are brothers and sisters at UPS because we think of are self as being more special then the rest ... Thats why with the APWA there will be no other side deals unless its for All of the UPS employees.. Thats wht we would like no more of these side deals that think ur better then the rest of us ......
1eye, maybe you should sit down and think before you decide to type tour feelings on here. Because you make no sense what so ever! No one thinks their contract is better than anyone else just because you have seperate contracts. Even under the national there are seperate supplements which assist your fellow brothers and sisters in the areas of the country they live. I dont get sick days like the most of the national for instance so without seeing everyones contract its unfair to excuse anyone of attempting to be better than the rest of the upsers.

Just so you know it doesnt impact me if you go apwa, that doesnt mean the locals 705 out of chicago and 710 which covers 5 states will follow, i guess thats a good thing about having a seperate contract!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

Just so you know it doesnt impact me if you go apwa, that doesnt mean the locals 705 out of chicago and 710 which covers 5 states will follow, i guess thats a good thing about having a seperate contract!

Now, this is interesting. I guess that's the benefit of being 100% separate from the National. Never even would have thought of this. -Rocky

sawdusttv

1eye, maybe you should sit down and think before you decide to type tour feelings on here. Because you make no sense what so ever! No one thinks their contract is better than anyone else just because you have seperate contracts. Even under the national there are seperate supplements which assist your fellow brothers and sisters in the areas of the country they live. I dont get sick days like the most of the national for instance so without seeing everyones contract its unfair to excuse anyone of attempting to be better than the rest of the upsers.

I have to agree with 705 here, without seeing his contract it is unfair to say whether his contract is better or worse, but I don't understand why they would want to have a seperate contract. I would tend to think that there position would be stronger if they were part of the national, after all I think we all agree that there is strength in numbers.

705red

Browncafe Steward

I have to agree with 705 here, without seeing his contract it is unfair to say whether his contract is better or worse, but I don't understand why they would want to have a seperate contract. I would tend to think that there position would be stronger if they were part of the national, after all I think we all agree that there is strength in numbers.
The contracts being seperate was like that when i started in 94, dont blame me! I agrre to a point, because i am militant. If we were under the national the only way the midwest could be shut down would be a national strike. We enjoy walking picket lines!

sawdusttv

The contracts being seperate was like that when i started in 94, dont blame me! I agrre to a point, because i am militant. If we were under the national the only way the midwest could be shut down would be a national strike. We enjoy walking picket lines!

I admire a certain Amount of mental instability in a UPSer.:lol::lol::lol:

hoser

Industrial Slob

Why is this?

They put their pants on the same as all the rest of us.
yes, but they pay more rent/mortgage for less house than you, they get a lot more business than your center and because of that they have to deal with a lot more, there are a lot more opportunities for jobs that have higher pay (unlike the Happy, TX center where you have to be PT for 7 years before getting on as a driver), and they get shot at a lot more than you.

the contract shouldn't be national; each district has their own needs, costs of living, and dynamics. it's ridiculous to suggest that someone doing the exact same work in NYC should make the exact same wage as someone working in Pittsburgh (the cheapest city to live in the USA)

W

westsideworma

I admire a certain Amount of mental instability in a UPSer.:lol::lol::lol:

I think its actually a job requirement :wink:

though if you're not mentally unstable when you're hired, if you stay a few years you'll catch on

I always said it takes a certain kind of crazy to work here :thumbup1: