Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
xf4.jpg

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
A Driver with 26 years of seniority, got fired this morning, in an continued streak of un-just firings in the local 804 jurisdiction by the company. We walked out in solidarity and caused a strike, to the duration of a few hours, as our BA kept negotiating to get our fellow teamster job back. The Labor Manager refused to negotiate. During that time, The President of the local was in contact with the Regional Labor Manager. When the BA got off the phone with the President, He told us that the matter was going to be reviewed immediately, but urged us to return to work. We refused to go back in until the firing was reversed. LP was outside snapping pictures and writing the names of the hundreds of drivers that were standing in the parking lot, waiting for the firing to be reversed. A few hour later, the Secretary- Treasure showed up and urge us to go back inside, saying that the strike was not sanction. We listened and return back into the building. The company has been on a firing spree. I shop steward was fired yesterday because his answers "weren't clear enough". When is this harassment going to stop. It has gotten out of hand. We Local 804 are tired of it and is will to stand up and fight.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/26/hundreds-of-ups-drivers-strike-in-queens/

Impressive solidarity, I hope it's infectious.

C

chuchu

Where's those darn drones when you need a couple thousand of them?

I bet their auto frequency just sky rocketed with all those sups running airs. If they figured out how to use the fobs.

Indecisi0n

I bet their auto frequency just sky rocketed with all those sups running airs. If they figured out how to use the fobs.
I told my sup the trucks were voice activated starters. He kept trying the "start engine" command.

Marne Vet

You know they know how to use the FOBS since they run trips every week. Complete BS. They cut trips, and then sups run garbage trips out to clean-up the Center. Most of the guys I work with are spineless and only a few of us have the balls to put grievances in, and yet they think they're entitled to bitch about it without acting on it. ugh. I hate my job anymore, and the "company".

C

chuchu

You know they know how to use the FOBS since they run trips every week. Complete BS. They cut trips, and then sups run garbage trips out to clean-up the Center. Most of the guys I work with are spineless and only a few of us have the balls to put grievances in, and yet they think they're entitled to bitch about it without acting on it. ugh. I hate my job anymore, and the "company".
I got paid approximately $1300.00 and another driver $1100.00 for one grievance each for sups running our routes one week.

You get past the fear factor and the pay is pretty darn good.

Marne Vet

I got paid approximately $1300.00 and another driver $1100.00 for one grievance each for sups running our routes one week.

You get past the fear factor and the pay is pretty darn good.

Haven't had any fear to drop a grievance on my center manager's desk in a long time. I have 8 in since January 1st. What pisses me off are the guys I work with. Most of them cry about the dispatches and getting bumped off of their trips, but NEVER do anything about it! They always say "I don't want to paint a target on my back". What?! Then be a pushover, and shut up then. Either grab your sack and put the ink to paper, or shut up. So sick of them. We're seeing historic dispatches that are higher than any Peak I've ever worked, and a handful of us are the only ones making noise. If you're afraid to drop a grievance because you "don't want to paint a target on your back", then what you're really telling me is "I do stuff I should't do and don't want to get caught".

not what i voted for

The improved grievance procedure will begin when the new agreement is ratified. L804 is still working under the terms of the '08-'13 CBA.
I watched the you tube and it sounded like they fired the driver for starting before his start time and that was dishonest. To me that means he was performing work before his start time, if I remember what the old timers said R Carey would chase drivers off the line before their start time and chew them out. If it is what it appears this guy pulls a walk out!

I actually had to ask my DM if he had a crush on me in 72 meeting. If he does he's got a funny way of showing it. I tried to throw a spin into the impromptu fashion show he requested but office was standing room only. Whats next ? Turning the boxline into a cat walk. If they weren't out to build a dormer on my discipline file I'd hit a thrift store this weekend and pick up a classic powder blue tux. They just couldn't leave this sleeping bear alone! I was the subject of the most pathetic attempt of on-road observation I have ever seen this morning right out of the gate. Blew their cover coming off the exit ramp before first nda del. Only thing missing from DM and Sup were those glasses with eye brows and big nose. After 2 hours I actually lost interest in their cat and mouse game. It's amazing how much time and money they will waste looking for a missed handrail grab or not pulling in mirror. Here's my tip of the day to management, pppsstt its not the guys who will battle you every time you come at them that you need to be lookin at, you stare at the screen so much watching my day your eyes are going to be poached eggs soon. I know this and counter with display of safe proper delivery methods. It's the guys who try to blend in and come back early running the routes and scarfing down your bagels that you may want to dig your shovels into their telematics reports. You focus all your energy and resources on your "target". The "target" takes all the heat and unbelievable things slip right under your nose. After all, At least they could thank me for that. Well my presses are inked up and ready! Sorry for the rant people, I've been through a lot and this time I'm heading to the matresses! Good night

Ashell

Commenting on hostile work environment. It can be anything that makes you want to quit your job that isn't a part of the job. The problem is that only a protected class can file in court because otherwise its not harassment. Pretty friend'ed up if you are a white male because you can be harassed all day long and its only jerk behavior.

I do want to say hats off to these guys. my local are bought and sold to the company.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
We had a turd manager fire a driver without talking to labor and they had to pay that driver and apologize. He got his asssssss chewed. When I say my prayers in the morning I thank god for what I have kids, wife , health, way to support my family , business agent , and a strong local. I'm blessed.

:censored2: back pay and :censored2: a strong local. When you have rank and file drivers willing to go to bat and put their livelihoods on the line because one of their brothers is getting jammed up unfairly and they're willing to go that far, :censored2: gets done. It's only illegal if you lose and you ain't gonna lose when a few hundred drivers are walking out of one of the biggest centers in the country.

804's biggest mistake was having the President and Sec. Treasurer lean on those drivers as hard as they did. They shouldn't have gone back to work until the driver in question was put back to work.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
:censored2: back pay and :censored2: a strong local. When you have rank and file drivers willing to go to bat and put their livelihoods on the line because one of their brothers is getting jammed up unfairly and they're willing to go that far, :censored2: gets done. It's only illegal if you lose and you ain't gonna lose when a few hundred drivers are walking out of one of the biggest centers in the country.

804's biggest mistake was having the President and Sec. Treasurer lean on those drivers as hard as they did. They shouldn't have gone back to work until the driver in question was put back to work.
:censored2: it all