Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Im not a fan of this eboard or Hoffa but you have to give credit where credit is due and Hall stepped in and brokered a settlement....congrats to the 250...but I hope this eboard has learnt a lesson they have had 2 wildcats I doubt anyone would walk on a third...but am also skeptical and wonder what else, if any (besides the 10 day suspension) was given up...hopefully nothing
I imagine part of the agreement is that UPS giving these 250 their jobs back sets no precedence for future instances of a wildcat walkout.

upschuck

I bet that UPS was just waiting for the International to come in because they did not want to give L804 the victory. Seems to have happened awfully fast after they came in. I doubt that they have that much power over UPS or we would have gotten $10/hr raise in the new contract.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I bet that UPS was just waiting for the International to come in because they did not want to give L804 the victory. Seems to have happened awfully fast after they came in. I doubt that they have that much power over UPS or we would have gotten $10/hr raise in the new contract.
I would think the IBT and UPS has been working on an agreement for well over a month.

Hoffa, doesnt have nothing, except that he Is weak!....UPS loves that! They will kiss his behind! and do what thay can, to keep him in power. They have his puppet strings and they do no not want to start over, with a new devil!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not sure if hall mediated or negotiated. Either way appreciate the help from Washington (better late than never). Local 804 and the IBT...job well done!! Teamsters working together in solidarity, politics aside.
I assume Liam is still in Chicago laying low while the professionals clean up his mess.

Not sure if hall mediated or negotiated. Either way appreciate the help from Washington (better late than never). Local 804 and the IBT...job well done!! Teamsters working together in solidarity, politics aside.
I am willing to bet they were working on it from the beginning. Sometimes being a leader means you can't say anything at first even thought the membership is going to :censored2: all over you. It's leaders that make decisions for the better of the member even thought it's not the most popular thing at the moment.

804brown

Hall had to come in and help or at least appear to help. In 2016 Hall will be at the top of that slate. Sitting on his hands while 250 members were fired is no way to start a bid for president of the IBT. Dont know the details yet of who gave up what but im sure something was given up somewhere. But then that is what bargaining and negotiating is all about.

Hall had to come in and help or at least appear to help. In 2016 Hall will be at the top of that slate. Sitting on his hands while 250 members were fired is no way to start a bid for president of the IBT. Dont know the details yet of who gave up what but im sure something was given up somewhere. But then that is what bargaining and negotiating is all about.
I'll give them a five minute crap on the clock tomorrow instead of ten. In good faith.