Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

bigd

Actually something was given up that will hurt this local. Liam has been banned from all UPS operations. Not sure what his status will be within the union but it seems he will no longer be allowed in a UPS facility. That is a shame. His knowledge and passion will be missed.

Good!..
His Knowledge is going to cost us $,$$$,$$$. Passion? Maybe he can get a job on Broadway!
Hope he has dignity and resigns!

Get lost!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually something was given up that will hurt this local. Liam has been banned from all UPS operations. Not sure what his status will be within the union but it seems he will no longer be allowed in a UPS facility. That is a shame. His knowledge and passion will be missed.
I would think keeping this bozo away from UPSers would be the best thing for the Maspeth 250 other than keeping their jobs.

I understand your allegiance and respect for him but this was a major lack of judgment on his part and almost cost 250 UPSers their jobs.

He caused a major problem based on his emotions. Emotions is an old teamster way. It's all business now. We have to be as cut throat as them. He's wearing his emotions on his sleeve. I don't want to go to war with someone like this. I want to be in a trench with a cold blooded killer. An assassin who makes quick decisions that are right. I'm glad I learned from a MAN like that.

stink219

clueless? have you been at work? you don't see things changing?
Uh, were you here for peak? Did you know they lowered stops per car over the region in January? Not district. REGION! REGION!!!! Do you know our volume increased from sure
Post? There was a highering freeze in the last 5 year contract. That has been lifted. If you can't remember, UPS started with 9 new hires when DM was still BA. You think things have changed? You been here 2 days dude. Guys are still 9pm'ing it. How many 9.5 grievances have been paid?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

804brown

Good!..
His Knowledge is going to cost us $,$$$,$$$. Passion? Maybe he can get a job on Broadway!
Hope he has dignity and resigns!

Get lost!
Amazing. This is all you seemed to have really wanted. You wanted to see some one/anyone from the board resign or something. You cared less about the fired 250. You are a destructive union member.
Well, im sure he wont resign. But our union will be lesser without him. You ask anyone from his building (besides the few old guard boot lickers)and they will speak with admiration of Liam. He made them a stronger group and a more educated group of union members. I hope the next BA in that building will have the fire and intelligence that Liam has.

browned out

Local 804 also agreed to pay monetary damages to UPS.

I also heard that the union may have agreed not to sue UPS for violating the contract. Some of the drivers may still sue based on being disparately discharged. UPS hopefully will act in a responsible manner at least for a few days.

Way to stand up Local 804 UPS. This is how it should work.

stink219

Amazing. This is all you seemed to have really wanted. You wanted to see some one/anyone from the board resign or something. You cared less about the fired 250. You are a destructive union member.
Well, im sure he wont resign. But our union will be lesser without him. You ask anyone from his building (besides the few old guard boot lickers)and they will speak with admiration of Liam. He made them a stronger group and a more educated group of union members. I hope the next BA in that building will have the fire and intelligence that Liam has.
He cost the members about 4.5 million in income. I say he's overstayed his welcome.

stink219

I also heard that the union may have agreed not to sue UPS for violating the contract. Some of the drivers may still sue based on being disparately discharged. UPS hopefully will act in a responsible manner at least for a few days.

Way to stand up Local 804 UPS. This is how it should work.
804 is paying UPS.

bigd

Destructive union member?
Wtf are talking about? keep drinking that kool aid!
I didn't cause this mess that was Liam! You can say whatever you want his record speaks poorly!
Still yet to be seen but I bet the monetary payout to ups is huge and it might bring down local804 into bankruptcy! All in the hands of Liam, Tim S and this Eboard!

Now shut up pls!

bigd

4.5 MILLION in income down the tubes because of Li-scam.

When is this Eboard going to step down?!!!

Does anyone know what this means?

Go ahead Tim cancel to general membership meeting we have no money to pay for the hall now!

Inthegame

At 2K per week a 2 week suspension X 250 hits 1ML. in lost earnings to the affected employees that chose to take this stand. Right or wrong Liam warned of terminations.

bigd

Tim can you ask for those 10k back you gave away over the weekend?

We might need the money to pay for arbitrations, that should cover two arbitrations!

browned out

Good Job 804. This was the only way to force UPS to abide by the contract. UPS will not be so hasty to discharge or harass drivers in Queens anymore; or they will get more of the same.