Looking into getting a FedEx home route, Any suggestions?

Nick9075

Low ball these sellers. Find other contractors that are good with income/expense tracking and you should be able to get a good feel for what the "for sale" route is really worth. If they are bad witht the finances, they probably not only want to sell, but NEED to sell...badly.

Well it turns out that the seller & broker completely 'flaked' out on me and I have not heard from either in weeks. So I guess this deal is off. They were also pretty vague & evasive with providing real numbers or the process to get approved by Fedex as an ISP.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Well it turns out that the seller & broker completely 'flaked' out on me and I have not heard from either in weeks. So I guess this deal is off. They were also pretty vague & evasive with providing real numbers or the process to get approved by Fedex as an ISP.
They might just be holding onto the routes until after Xmas to make their seasonal big money.
Let us know if they contact you, conveniently, after Xmas to try to complete the sale.

bbsam

Staff member
If you are still interested, keep looking. It's not unheard of to find a decent business person simply looking to get out of the business.

Nick9075

If you are still interested, keep looking. It's not unheard of to find a decent business person simply looking to get out of the business.

The deal is still on.. The seller dropped the price to 305K from 340K and will hold a note for $25,000 to be paid off over two years. These routes are for Greenwich CT. The broker revised the numbers and the net is down to 144K from around 155K however after all expenses & payroll taxes etc..

newtofed

hey I'm looking to buy a fedex HD route in NY queens for 180k with two trucks!!! prior to this had no experiences with fedex , is it a good business to get into now? is there room for growth? can i run it with out driving trucks my self and still make money? the fedex paper work shows gross income any were from $4000.00 to $8000.00 a week is it good? any advice, comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

MaineGroundDriver

It would SEEM this would be an excellent time to buy FDX G routes considering the growth they have shown this year and rumored continual growth in the near future ....

bbsam

Staff member
what about the ISP thing is it in effect or what?? thank you m.g.d.
you are caught in a gambling situation with such a purchase. If your state requires FedEx to move to ISP, you will have to own three contracted areas. It sound like your purchase would be one contracted area plus a "supplemental" which will not count toward the three route minimum.

newtofed

Thank you BB so fedex just gonna take the route from me or they will buy me out if it becomes ISP? is it realistic to make 2000.00 a week with only 1 route and with out driving?

STFXG

You can take a buyout (was 10000) to transition to ISP and either sell within 30 days or meet the minimum route requirements or you will lose your route. Or you can run as is until your contract ends and they won't renew you.

2000 a week profit on 1 route without driving is highly unlikely.