Low volume

Purplepackage

Mine text also. I actually prefer that because I have a record of all communication.

Agreed, I also prefer it since generally when he makes a last minute schedule change for a call off he will text me and let me know. I prefer that to coming and getting caught off guard by a change on the board

BootsOnTarmac

themailbro -

Since you work at Ground and are probably part time and need whatever wage / hours you can get, just clock in, since Saturday is your scheduled day. I was told many years ago that at Ground you were eligible for benefits after 1000 hours, which is about a year part time. Get all the hours you can if you want or need them. If they call / leave a message, do as others have said, ignore it and show up anyway. If they want to send you home ask for anything to do in the building or ask your manager for a sit down about your future at FedEx.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
This is common to all the FedEx opcos. The solution is to look at the caller ID, or say you never got the message, and report to work. FedEx scams thousands of gullible employees every year with recorders, call-in requirements, etc.

Guess what? It isn't your problem if the truck or airplane doesn't show on-time, or if weather or whatever other excuse they come up with to not pay you.

This doesn't happen at union companies.
I got a call from my Contractor the other day. CPC IS FRANTIC!!! You are not answering? "I'm in my tree stand bow hunting, you are my BC.. WTF?"
Oh, is that the unlisted number lighting up my phone?