LP: Stolen Goods from High Value Package

nystripe96

I've been called into the security office two times for an incident involving lost or stolen goods involving a high value package. The interrogation to extract information from me that I simply don't know is really weighing on my mind. The item was loaded into a trailer I was logged into a few weeks ago. Supposedly it wasn't in the box when it got to its destination. I'm nervous about something I didn't even do, and have a weight on my mind that shouldn't be there because LP said they're going to speak to me again.
I told them everything I can remember, & when they asked me if I spoke to any other loaders I initially said no because I didn't think it was right to bring up anyone else that I work with. Than I had to recant when LP said the other loaders logged into that truck said we did talk about it. Now I feel horrible for lying. I swear to GOD I didn't steal a damn thing. This is so annoying & such a nuisance arghh

Johney

If you didn't steal anything don't worry about it. If you did, you'll do it again and will eventually get caught they all do.

iowa boy

I'm 12 days from union eligibility :(

Doesn't matter one bit. They are not allowed to interrogate without some sort of representation for you. If they try to do this, don't answer any questions at all. Your job is on the line right now!!!!! This gives you the right to representation. Don't let them bully you on this.

And as others will tell you also, make them provide proof that you took the package. Just because you scanned it and talked about it, doesn't mean you took it. It doesn't help your cause much, but its still not proof that you physically walked out with the package.

Did the trailer you loaded this into get unloaded and reloaded again? Was it in a smalls bag that could have gotten dumped and rebagged to be sent to the specific center or hub? Have whomever represents you ask to see how many physical scans were placed on the package?

You and whomever represents you have a ton of questions to ask with regards to this situation. Hope it works out for you in the end.

Last edited:

iowa boy

He's not made book. They can fire him for whatever they want, including nothing at all.

Over, hes still entitled to representation during questioning no matter what.

OP, if someone else scanned it, then why are they just looking at you and not everyone involved in that trailer.

nystripe96

They are indeed interrogating everyone logged into that trailer. I'm just nervous because I'm so close to making book & felt very confident I was going to make it until this incident took place

over9five

Staff member
The Weingarten Right is only applicable if the employee requests the representation before or during the meeting. Doesn't sound like he did.

iowa boy

The Weingarten Right is only applicable if the employee requests the representation before or during the meeting. Doesn't sound like he did.

OK, OK, Over, you are partially right!! :furious: But he still can ask before the next meeting starts for representation from the union.

nystipe96, sounds to me like they are on a fishing expedition trying to get someone to trip up and make a mistake. Just make sure and ask for representation at any more meetings you may have with regards to this.

Last edited:

nystripe96

I never signed anything, nor will I without representation. I know my heart is good, but even that may not save me. Wish me luck y'all :)

P

pickup

To the original poster : you can't take back a lie but it is not a big lie and it is an understandable one ( I suppose)

You are probably not under any more suspicion than any other loader at this point. I think being evasive and not open to questioning at this point might stymie LP's efforts to get to the bottom of this (if they can) but I am pretty sure you will not make "your book" if you put up roadblocks.

LP likes to get different stories from different points of views and they will compare the stories side by side . They are actually pretty good at what they do(albeit somewhat overly aggressive) at ferreting out the truth. It is in your best interests to continue cooperating in the hopes that your input will help them find the thief (which you say is not you).

After you make your book, then act like a union member , not before.

nystripe96

What if there is no thief? Whose to say the external customer isn't just making this up to garner some sort of monetary gain. Whose to say the shipper never placed the goods in the package to begin with? There's too many scenarios & variables. All I know is I'm 100% innocent times infinity

over9five

Staff member
What if there is no thief? Whose to say the external customer isn't just making this up to garner some sort of monetary gain. Whose to say the shipper never placed the goods in the package to begin with? There's too many scenarios & variables. All I know is I'm 100% innocent times infinity
Keep being honest with them. I won't tell you that you have nothing to fear, because you do. They need no reason at all to fire you right now. Good luck, let us know what happens.