Lunch skippers

jaker

trolling
I used to take naps and it was great then I change the way I run my route and I wasn't in a good spot anymore and breaking that nap routine suck bad

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What we need is for local management to make this an issue in their centers. Telematics flags those drivers who work during their meals/breaks. Progressive discipline, up to and including termination, would quickly put an end to this practice. We all know that this won't happen as they love the free labor so perhaps the Union needs to step up and address this issue.
Running an hour or more under in a non bonus center could be considered free labor.

brostalss

I'd love to do that. I'd be dead by the time I woke up in the summer time with the back being over 120 degrees.

135° in the back of mine one day. I open the rear door and bulk head door and drive about 50ft to air it out.

Violation, oh no call the bulk head door police.

Luckily a slight breeze is usually going to help. Gotta park it just right to have it go thru the truck.

youllbefine

Brown monster you are correct the DOT excluded package car drivers from that law last summer! You are NOT required by law to stop for 30 min anymore! We have the option of a 20 or 50 min lunch unpaid and 10 min paid break

oldngray

nowhere special
Brown monster you are correct the DOT excluded package car drivers from that law last summer! You are NOT required by law to stop for 30 min anymore! We have the option of a 20 or 50 min lunch unpaid and 10 min paid break

A lunch is still required by contract in some locals. If you try to skip it you won't be paid since that time will always be taken out of your paid day. And if you put in a lunch and work through it you are falsifying records.

1399575382538.jpg
Brawts, soaking in Sam Adams!...fried sauerkraut, with butter and Onion powder!

bleedinbrown58 said:
okay, okay...diad pouch covers...enough...lol. Be sure to stop by my trucks on your way in ;)
Incidentally, what kind of Sam adams are you soaking the brawts in....summer ale?
I had a bottle of winter Ale ,In the back of the fridge!.....Beer abuse!..lol