Lunch skippers

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you work thru lunch and get paid for it, why would you care?
If you are working thru lunch so you can take it easy and not a have a sense of urgency then its just as bad.
I do not believe it says - its mandatory to take a lunch or paid break. Yes you should take your lunch because you work hard and everyone needs a break.

I plan your day with a l hour lunch taken into account.
Yeah planning with make believe fakeazz numbers, we know the lies and routine already dude.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The contract says..how much, and when you are supposed to tak your lunch break...maybe read the contract??.hmm
Dragon's point...and believe it or not he is correct...is that it the language in the contract reads "shall be allowed to take" not is required to take. Legally the only lunch a driver is required to take is what the State labor laws require and any applicable DoT rules.
That being said, take your lunch.

Dragon's point...and believe it or not he is correct...is that it the language in the contract reads "shall be allowed to take" not is required to take. Legally the only lunch a driver is required to take is what the State labor laws require and any applicable DoT rules.
That being said, take your lunch.
Ohh.............I take it.....my old :censored2:...needs the break!.........plus it helps keep,some routes in!

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Good question are we required to take our lunch break or can we work through it and get paid? Our center most guys put it in but deliver during the supposed lunch break...they make a little bonus, get off early and get a pat on the back.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Who cares if the runners skip their lunch? All it means is they have more time to run some work off me. I always cheered those guys on when I was in delivery.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yeah planning with make believe fakeazz numbers, we know the lies and routine already dude.

The plan is built on what UPS says you should be doing..

not what you think you should be doing.

Believe it or not it keeps UPS making $$ and you & me working.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I love it when I see guys coming in 2 hours before their start time working through their lunch and doing the work of two men, I know that my pension is in good hands. The day I come in and see a building full of slackers running 2 hours over is when I'll be worried.

MethodsMan

Here (MA), it's the law (both state and DOT) to take at least 30 minutes by the time you've reached 6 hours. Can't go over 6 hours without recording at least 30 minutes on board. If caught not recording lunch, UPS gets a significant fine.

Record 25 minutes of break and 5 minutes of lunch. Bam, 30 minutes.