Major Fail At Our Ground Terminal Already

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by dvalleyjim, Dec 3, 2015.

1. dvalleyjim

dvalleyjim Member

One ISP lost 3 drivers, Another 4. One guy took out a full truck, I mean packed to the gills. 180 stops. Parks it at his house, packs his things and moves out of state. Calls the ISP and says where to find the truck. Many towns and cities not even being serviced. Packages not even leaving the building. And peak has just started! Wow!

2. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Well when to many ground contractors can't handle they just reroute the freight to the you know the other operating company for FedEx

3. dvalleyjim

dvalleyjim Member

They will have to do something.

4. robdabanks

robdabanks Member

The hub in NJ is failing. Trailers can't get in or out. Drivers were saying 2 hours to get in and still couldn't get the trailer off.

5. DRAisawesome

DRAisawesome Active Member

That will be funny. Ground overnighting down the street to express. We will get it done. Maybe

6. dvalleyjim

dvalleyjim Member

As much as you guys cry, at least you get paid.

7. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

That would basically be there only option lol
    If you think we complain on this forum you should be at the station when everyone comes in and hears the freight will be 2 hours late again

8. dvalleyjim

dvalleyjim Member

I would think that this would be a major black-eye for Ex but their stock will probably go up. Nothing seems to work anymore, kiddies.

9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Not this year. It's shaping-up to be a total bomb.

10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Hey!! That's our plan. All the freight we can't handle is going to Ground.

11. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Tell them what I've always told them. "I'm organic not metallic. I'm a mortal, not a machine. Take a number have a seat. I'll get to you. You're number is 682. I'm serving 39".Seriously ,they do it every year. They go out and knowingly oversell the service then start cuffing around contractors because they were given no volume estimates to try to plan on or they couldn't find anybody willing to work for peanuts.

12. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I don't doubt there are major failures but I think they are somewhat intended. . It's a money grab an X is in prime position to compel contractors to do what many have resisted: work Sundays. Not like it's going to cost X anything additional.

13. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

The question is, are you and your fellow contractors going to do it?

14. bbsam

I'm not. Those who signed the "Schedule K" have no choice. They've already agreed.

15. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Good thing there are DOT regulations that prohibit it. I've got some guys getting close to 70 hrs already with Saturdays. They can say we're running Sunday, but I won't have any eligible employees to drive. Our station seems to be running pretty well though so I'm not worried.

16. bbsam

But you've already agreed to provide service on those days. Why didn't you staff accordingly?

17. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

Not really worried about it. What are they going to do when I don't show up?

18. gixxer squid

gixxer squid Member

5:30 pmIMG_9642.jpg today when I got back.
    Four times if not more on another belt

19. bbsam

The usual

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sounds like some may not have read the fine print before signing on the dotted line.