Major ground failure in San Francisco.

NYCFXG

I have metro routes so making multiple attempts at things only cost me 1-2 mins max. My guys don't give a whole lot of effort to the parcels that they have already wasted their time on multiple times. So, there isn't any driving out of the way or anything like that. I am less enthused about the Call Tag pick ups that stay on my list for 3-4 days that get scanned 07 and are an even bigger waste of time.

bacha29

The other day at an X terminal in a neighboring county a couple came in to pick up a box and tried to pay for it with a fist full of small denomination money orders . Needless to say, the cops were called in................Drugs.

gixxer squid

But how much does it cost the contractor to keep going back to the same place over and over?

You think X gives a rats ass what it cost us......

Belt manager shows up at noon and hands 2 boxes for me to deliver that mysteriously showed up out of no where and all drivers gone.
Wants me to either take it to driver or deliver myself. 10 miles away. I politely say no it will go out tomorrow. The look was priceless, I will take the DNA rather than spend 15 dollars to make 4 dollars. Sometimes I actually wonder if the station management actually knows our settlements and what it actually cost to run the business or do they just see, " hey this guy has 5-10 trucks, he must be making bank...."

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Why doesn't UPS send it's full-time drivers out for Saturday deliveries?

Not sure about other areas, but we worked on Saturday 12/5 to do exactly what Upstate said: take the edge off of Monday. Our guys did their best to get all that residential and any businesses that are usually open on Saturdays on the truck (dental offices, salons, department stores, etc). It will probably be like that for the rest of peak for us. I was out of hours but I worked Saturday as a runner and navigator for the utility driver they I was with. Worked out pretty well actually.

dvalleyjim

But how much does it cost the contractor to keep going back to the same place over and over?

I always felt I should get paid for everything I do. They used to say they don't pay for attempted deliveries because they don't trust you that you went there. I always thought if you don't trust us why send us out with a truckload of your packages dumbaxxes.

gixxer squid

I always felt I should get paid for everything I do. They used to say they don't pay for attempted deliveries because they don't trust you that you went there. I always thought if you don't trust us why send us out with a truckload of your packages dumbaxxes.

Lol. Exactly my thoughts. I want it OFF the truck as its gonna be there the next day and day after as well. It doesn't deliver itself. Just another way for X to screw us

13zipcodes

You think X gives a rats ass what it cost us......

Belt manager shows up at noon and hands 2 boxes for me to deliver that mysteriously showed up out of no where and all drivers gone.
Wants me to either take it to driver or deliver myself. 10 miles away. I politely say no it will go out tomorrow. The look was priceless, I will take the DNA rather than spend 15 dollars to make 4 dollars. Sometimes I actually wonder if the station management actually knows our settlements and what it actually cost to run the business or do they just see, " hey this guy has 5-10 trucks, he must be making bank...."
Why would you have to take a DNA for a package the terminal failed to get on the proper truck before it was dispatched? Those go against the terminal the same as a misload at ours.

dex 84

If that's their opinion then why ever attempt a package with a signature required? Bring it out, code it up, bring it back. Repeat two times. Maybe actually swing by the house for the third attempt if you're feeling real ambitious.