Man killed / hit by UPS truck 12/16

chev

Nightcrawler
It's hard to find a lot of info on this accident, but here is what I found.
A car broke down on the Girard Point Bridge sometime after midnight on the 16th. He was struck from behind by a UPS feeder from NY. I don't know driver details and I don't think it would be appropriate to post that info anyway even if I did have it.
I was told by a feeder sup that the car had no lights on and I know for a fact that the bridge is very dark. It was also raining.

Very tragic for all who are involved. I feel really bad for the guy that was killed. As well as the driver of the UPS vehicle. I know this would eat me up inside.

This is one of the only news stories I could find and it is very brief.
Stories like this really hurt me to my soul. He was so young and, by reading his MySpace, I gather he was well loved and will be terribly missed.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=resources/traffic&id=6557774#bodyText

His name was Mike Ski.:sad-little:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=34220473

Rest in peace Mike.

Last edited:

LiL"Comet"

That's terrible like you said Chev to hear about tragedies such as this story really tugs on my heart strings. All we can do is pray for his family and friends may God rest his soul.. :angel2::angel:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
May he rest in peace and I hope our driver can sleep in peace. This is a terrible sad accident. My prayers to all involved.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It is a great tragedy for both.

I hope we can get a few more details on what happened.

Being burned to death .........

d

chev

Nightcrawler
It is a great tragedy for both.

I hope we can get a few more details on what happened.

Being burned to death .........

d
You know how hard it is to get info out of a sup sometimes. It's like pulling teeth. I'm sure UPS is keeping this hush hush as much as possible, but I will keep pestering till I find the results of the "investigation"/railroading.:wink2:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
You know how hard it is to get info out of a sup sometimes. It's like pulling teeth. I'm sure UPS is keeping this hush hush as much as possible, but I will keep pestering till I find the results of the "investigation"/railroading.:wink2:
andything said could be used in a lawsuit against the company....so i can understand the hush hush.

terrible tragedy. I wish his family the best in the hard time. RIP.