Management career vs. Union career?

Dr.Brownz

Hey all. This is something I've been wondering about since I started as an unloader a little while ago, just curious really...

I've heard a lot of noise about manager careers vs. labor careers (drivers mostly). I've heard from some that managers (sort managers+) get paid more and get better benefits but then I hear that drivers get more after overtime, and then I also hear that the union is great but then I also hear it sucks.

Based on anyone reading this right now, who's happier? Thanks

Management is paying for there own health insurance. Drivers insurance is free. At 40 hours a week i make more than my on road sup. The guys who work heavy
OT here make about as much income as a center manager. The only management making more than drivers are above center manager level people. And they probably put in alot of time, like 24/7 for years being the companys whipping boy.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'd stick with the union side,as long as you don't do anything stupid you should be fine.

Plus, most union members can retire younger, happier, healthier and still be considered attractive to the opposite sex. Or, the same sex in Inde's case.

Plus, most union members can retire younger, happier, healthier and still be considered attractive to the opposite sex. Or, the same sex in Inde's case.
As a driver I could have retired @ 51. Management pushed it back to 53. Plus I have to wait till 55 to get the management pension, so I am told.

the_weasel

It's all done online for us now. They have no idea how much I did or didn't donate.
And if you go online and don't give to the untied way you can get used to running the preload in some god awful building I know how it works you can be honest here your behind belongs to the company and the company's crooked deal with making untied way goals ;)

union4life

I have been at UPS since 1991. I cannot think of a single person in management that has told me they are happy they are in management.

It is actually the opposite. The list goes on and on with various levels of management telling me how they wish they could do it all over again and retire from Feeders.