Management Says Yes

J

JonFrum

Smithers! Release The Hounds!

. . .I've spent my time here in support of this site sonny. so when you have been here long enough to wipe the milk from mothers teat off your lips I may allow you the priveledge to question me. Until then you're only claim to fame here is your name which brags about doing less work then most which means the others your brother carry your weight.

Someone is channeling the spirit of C. Montgomery Burns!!! Charles Montgomery Burns, Tycoon. Runs the Springfield nuclear power plant where Homer works. Smithers is his assistant.

Look at them, Smithers. Goldbrickers.... Layabouts.... Slug-a-beds! Little do they realise their days of suckling at my teat are numbered.

Favorite Mr Burns Quotes:

Well, that's odd ... I've just robbed a man of his livelihood, and yet I feel strangely empty. Tell you what, Smithers - have him beaten to a pulp.

I could crush him like an ant. But it would be too easy. No, revenge is a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time until ... Oh, what the hell. I'll just crush him like an ant.

What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Just give the great unwashed a pair of oversized breasts and a happy ending, and they'll 'oink' for more every time.

I'm looking for something in an attack dog. One who likes the sweet gamey tang of human flesh. Hmmm, why here's the fellow ... Wiry, fast, firm, proud buttocks. Reminds me of me.

A lifetime of working with nuclear power has left me with a healthy green blow... and left me as impotent as a Nevada boxing commissioner.

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

Ah, Monday morning. Time to pay for your two days of debauchery, you hungover drones.

tieguy

Banned
Re: Mangement Says Yes

Not only will that 6.1 billion be a savings- it's a shrewd and calculated investment that could end up saving the company millions more down the road. It wasn't a gift, it was a way to save and make money and take CONTROL.

control of what ? Their not taking control of the pension. Possibly taking control of a pension situation. hopefully it does end up being a long term cost savings but any way you shake it in the present world its a six billion dollar expense.

You ever hear "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer"? How about "you have to spend money to make money"? UPS is not poorer after spending 6.1 billion,

six billion dollars poorer any way you calculate it.

maybe they won't make over a billion next quarter, but you can bet your sweet a** they will make a profit, and it won't be chickenfeed.:wink2:

depends on how quickly they have to pony up the six billion. If all at once then the bottom line is in the negative.

tieguy

Banned

Wow, how can they be so blind?

good question and one I keep asking. Some of these posters keep trying to sell a 9 / hour increase plus six billion spent on CS as a savings. I'm paying six billion now hoping to save from spending 10 billion later. Theres no guarantee I'll have to pay the 10 billion later but I'm cutting my losses to guard against that possibility. I've still spent the six billion. I also spent the money to start a new pension plan which will cost quite a bit down the road. So in reality this is a real expense that may save me some dollars long term. Yet posters here keep selling this concept as if the six billion plus is not being spent.

these posters also keep trying to find some evil ulterior motive instead of accepting it as a sincere effort to fix the pension mess. Why shouldn't we be concerned about our peoples pensions. Obviously an employee that knows he has a sound pension waiting for him at retirement will be a much happier and much more productive one. Its a good investment for our people and in our people.

looks like there is a 10 year freeze on our being able to do anything with any other multi-employer plans. My guess there will be other plan participants who will be begging for UPS to fix their plan before the 10 years is up.

Careys suicide march delayed this from happening by 10 years but hopefully we can eventually get the fixes in so all our people can look forward to a secure pension plan. The teamster multi employer plans with many still underfunded do not have the track record to provide that secure retirement.

tieguy

Banned
Re: Smithers! Release The Hounds!

Someone is channeling the spirit of C. Montgomery Burns!!! Charles Montgomery Burns, Tycoon. Runs the Springfield nuclear power plant where Homer works. Smithers is his assistant.

Look at them, Smithers. Goldbrickers.... Layabouts.... Slug-a-beds! Little do they realise their days of suckling at my teat are numbered.

Favorite Mr Burns Quotes:

Well, that's odd ... I've just robbed a man of his livelihood, and yet I feel strangely empty. Tell you what, Smithers - have him beaten to a pulp.

I could crush him like an ant. But it would be too easy. No, revenge is a dish best served cold. I'll bide my time until ... Oh, what the hell. I'll just crush him like an ant.

What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Just give the great unwashed a pair of oversized breasts and a happy ending, and they'll 'oink' for more every time.

I'm looking for something in an attack dog. One who likes the sweet gamey tang of human flesh. Hmmm, why here's the fellow ... Wiry, fast, firm, proud buttocks. Reminds me of me.

A lifetime of working with nuclear power has left me with a healthy green blow... and left me as impotent as a Nevada boxing commissioner.

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

Ah, Monday morning. Time to pay for your two days of debauchery, you hungover drones.

Hi jon. too much of a coward to join the community and pay proper respect to cheryls hard work I see.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hi jon. too much of a coward to join the community and pay proper respect to cheryls hard work I see.

Hello Mr. Burns,

you know, some people don't make UPS their life. Yes, believe it or not, alot of us have other more important issues to address than registering on a message board and becoming a "regular". Maybe some day you will come to accept the fact that a UPS message board does not come priority #1 to alot of people, and this should not be viewed in a negative light as someone as jaded and habitual as yourself.

I know this is a shocking revelation to you, as apparently your whole livelihood revolves around the company and you spend your life representing with UPS through this website. What a perfect place for you!

That does not mean that everyone else must waste, er, spend their free time here the same way you do and suddenly be viewed as a "coward" or "anonymous". They could be seen more as "shrewd" and "adventurous"

brazenbrown

That does not mean that everyone else must waste, er, spend their free time here the same way you do and suddenly be viewed as a "coward" or "anonymous". They could be seen more as "shrewd" and "adventurous"

So, if you're a registered user you are wasting your time here??

Jon Frum is a regular...He uses the same name and has been posting here for some time. The problem with not registering is that anyone can be Jon Frum, in fact some months ago his identity was hi-jacked by another user and he had to dispute what he ( not really him ) was saying.

The ones who register (just like you) can be taken more seriously because they develope their own identity within the community and can earn a reputation for their contributions.

I't doesn't really matter to me personally if he registers or not it just seems pointless not to if he really wants to be taken more seriously.

You certainly are doingmoreworkthanmost by registering yourself...I guess you fall into the category of being less than shrewd and adventurous but a least we know when you're posting it's really you!!:wink2:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

So, if you're a registered user you are wasting your time here??

Jon Frum is a regular...He uses the same name and has been posting here for some time. The problem with not registering is that anyone can be Jon Frum, in fact some months ago his identity was hi-jacked by another user and he had to dispute what he ( not really him ) was saying.

The ones who register (just like you) can be taken more seriously because they develope their own identity within the community and can earn a reputation for their contributions.

I't doesn't really matter to me personally if he registers or not it just seems pointless not to if he really wants to be taken more seriously.

You certainly are doingmoreworkthanmost by registering yourself...I guess you fall into the category of being less than shrewd and adventurous but a least we know when you're posting it's really you!!:wink2:

As you know, there's varying degrees of time spent, and dedictation....I fall into the catagory of spending 10 minutes posting and 20 minutes reading here a day....take it however you want.."that ain't nothin"

My point is, when you've posted thousands of times and litearlly spend hours a day here, I think that degree of dedication is entirely reflective upon the person and "what they have going for them" outside of their careers....

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Roflmao , but not you?

I'm glad you find my comments amusing. Just remember, I'm not the one (and I promise, i'll never be) the one with over five thousands posts, thinking that a user name, a post count, or a "name and reputation" within an online community is more important, supercedes, the actual validity of an opinion of a person.

brazenbrown

As you know, there's varying degrees of time spent, and dedictation....I fall into the catagory of spending 10 minutes posting and 20 minutes reading here a day....take it however you want.."that ain't nothin"

My point is, when you've posted thousands of times and litearlly spend hours a day here, I think that degree of dedication is entirely reflective upon the person and "what they have going for them" outside of their careers....

Well here is some simple math for you...

According to Tie's registration date he's been here roughly 90 months..

5447posts/90 months = 60 posts a month...or you could say, two a day, hardly obsessive.

You registered on 11/18/2007 and you're averaging 4.85 posts per day, Tieguy is at 1.97 a day and mine is under 1 a day. At this rate you will blow Tieguy away by way more than double..But we'll give you the benefit of the doubt and attribute it to your new found enthusiasm with this exciting website!! Thanks To Cheryl for making it available.

By the way this information is available on all of our profiles when you click on our names and view our profiles.

Be careful cause things aren't always what they seem!!:happy-very:

Happy posting!

VTBrown

amen to that. Can you imagine the possibilities if all the money currently sunk into your pension plan was being sunk into your 401 k?

Absolutely.

The Union has it's place but a multi-employer pension plan does not thrill me one bit.

Screw it.....I want the matching 401K! I KNOW I can do more with that.

happy harry

I am new here but I am really addicted to this site.lol Every chance i get im checking my phone for new posts. Its funny. I think i might have a problem and need to start attending browncafe rehab meetings.lol

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

401k only if the same amount that now goes into the pension goes into the 401k. 3 or 5 percent will not cut it. Fedex got that screw job already.

tieguy

Banned

I'm glad you find my comments amusing. Just remember, I'm not the one (and I promise, i'll never be) the one with over five thousands posts, thinking that a user name, a post count, or a "name and reputation" within an online community is more important, supercedes, the actual validity of an opinion of a person.

I really don't care about all those points and I did not make them so much as address the point of respect for the site. This point escaped you. Jonfrum posts here regularly. Cheryl has spent a lot of personal time creating and maintaining this site. When you criticize my participation here You are also critical of her work and the many other posters who have decided to support this site by actively joining the site and participating. When someone like Jon posts here as much as he does anonymously I feel he thumbs his nose at her work. Without her dedication and efforts here he would not have this site to post on.

You posting and reading for ten minutes a day an me for an hour does not make one of us better then the other. Your logic is flawed.

tieguy

Banned

I am new here but I am really addicted to this site.lol Every chance i get im checking my phone for new posts. Its funny. I think i might have a problem and need to start attending browncafe rehab meetings.lol

LOL, meetings sunday night in the chatroom.

tieguy

Banned

401k only if the same amount that now goes into the pension goes into the 401k. 3 or 5 percent will not cut it. Fedex got that screw job already.

I have not found too many teamsters that would be against the match. I'm surprised you folks have not been able to get a consensus for it in your precontract meetings.
Even at 3 percent it builds quickly.

happy harry

I have not found too many teamsters that would be against the match. I'm surprised you folks have not been able to get a consensus for it in your precontract meetings.
Even at 3 percent it builds quickly.

Its all free money!!!!!!