March Raises

vantexan

When was the last time you called a Dr.'s office in the morning for an appt, and they said come on in today?
I had a senior who demanded doctor's notes. Shortly after transferring there I called in and had to go to ER as I had no local doctor. And as it was early in the year I had to pay the deductible. I imagine many clinics are available for notes, but it'll require sitting awhile. If people came in more instead of faking or only being a little sick, might be worth their while to get rid of bonus.

Artee

As far as sick days go you can also use 1/2 of your sick days as Kin Care days, where you don't have to be sick, but where you need to stay home and take care of a sick child or family member. They are also not counted against you as sick days.

On edit...might not be available in your particular state.

Last edited:

dezguy

As far as sick days go you can also use 1/2 of your sick days as Kin Care days, where you don't have to be sick, but where you need to stay home and take care of a sick child or family member. They are also not counted against you as sick days.

On edit...might not be available in your particular state.

Definitely not available up here. I learned real quick, after my first kid that when the kids are sick, you call in as you being sick otherwise it's an unpaid day.

Serf

On paper it looks like a wash if they stop paying unused sick days because people would just use up all their sick time (and then some). In the long run it would cost the company more money in OT and poor service levels. As appealing as another takeway sounds to them I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.
Gotcha. The fact that a company this large does not have a set system in place for raises for front liner's is crazy. Fast Food workers even get the standard 3% for inflation. That's why I would not be shocked at all if unused sick days got snatched up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Gotcha. The fact that a company this large does not have a set system in place for raises for front liner's is crazy. Fast Food workers even get the standard 3% for inflation. That's why I would not be shocked at all if unused sick days got snatched up.

There is a simple solution...use all your sick days. See? problem solved.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gotcha. The fact that a company this large does not have a set system in place for raises for front liner's is crazy.
A good company would do that but see that costs Fred money and he doesn't like to spend money on employees that do manual labor. Fred's more anxious to stuff that money into his and his cronies pockets.

PSP = Profit in Smith's Pocket