Marren Morris...leaving country music....anyone really care?

qdg2

Never heard of her or listen to "country music"....at least Nashville country. It's interesting that when an "artist' gets enough money.....they become political. This is settled history. Morris had an interview on Yahoo today. It was filled with angst for Nashville and racism and blah blah. She wondered why Nashville didn't support gays and trans and all the other woke crap.

Very few people are woke, very few people care about trans, gays etc. Very few people listen to her music or care for her politics...well 20% maybe. If not for the Yahoo spotlight......even less would know who she is.....

vantexan

Never heard of her or listen to "country music"....at least Nashville country. It's interesting that when an "artist' gets enough money.....they become political. This is settled history. Morris had an interview on Yahoo today. It was filled with angst for Nashville and racism and blah blah. She wondered why Nashville didn't support gays and trans and all the other woke crap.

Very few people are woke, very few people care about trans, gays etc. Very few people listen to her music or care for her politics...well 20% maybe. If not for the Yahoo spotlight......even less would know who she is.....
Probably figured her career was going nowhere so tried to ingratiate herself with the far Left. Kind of like Miley Cyrus going from a sweet kid to the biggest slut in music to get attention.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wonder if it has anything to do with her going after Jason Aldean’s wife last year? Maybe she got more flack than she thought she would. If so, serves her right. She shouldn’t have said anything.

qdg2

I wonder if it has anything to do with her going after Jason Aldean’s wife last year? Maybe she got more flack than she thought she would. If so, serves her right. She shouldn’t have said anything.
Or....

She's progressive/liberal.....and whored her way to limited success. She realized she ain't no Taylor Swift.....and was never going to be more than an opener for other limited country acts. Again, very few people like her music. Or politics. Liberal crappy country music is a very small group. State fairs and dives it is.....

rickyb

thats good she cares about oppressed gays

i hope she speaks out against corporate domination of government and the planet next

it always helps when artists get political

for example when public enemy came out with "it takes a nation of millions to hold us back" it made them easily one of hte greatest rap albums of all time thanks to the politics

if public enemy took the path of hte darkside, well they would have been like dr dre whos music seemed to become more idiotic and less political later in his career

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
thats good she cares about oppressed gays

i hope she speaks out against corporate domination of government and the planet next

it always helps when artists get political

for example when public enemy came out with "it takes a nation of millions to hold us back" it made them easily one of hte greatest rap albums of all time thanks to the politics

if public enemy took the path of hte darkside, well they would have been like dr dre whos music seemed to become more idiotic and less political later in his career
Gays aren't oppressed in the Western world. Everybody likes to virtual signal here where it's safe and doesn't matter anyway but nobody has the balls to walk the walk and do it in Saudi Arabia or Russia.

DriverNerd

Again, very few people like her music.
I like her music and she has had a number of good songs. As for the rest of it, I certainly don't care for her or her political view or her need to tell everyone else what to think....the "I'm a celebrity so now what I say matters" BS.

qdg2

I like her music and she has had a number of good songs. As for the rest of it, I certainly don't care for her or her political view or her need to tell everyone else what to think....the "I'm a celebrity so now what I say matters" BS.
Again, very few people like her music. She just alienated most of her audience and half the USA. Relying on women and gays for your paycheck can be pretty dicey. Say, how many lesbian cowgirls are out there? Not mentioning trans....

Celebrity?.......Oh, she'll make the "View".....maybe "60 Minutes" even.....

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
you even have people on this forum still using gay terms as an insult as if this is 2000 lol
You're never going to have a utopia where you can change people's minds. Ever. How much more pandering and bending over backwards for them needs to be done for the West to be LGBTLMNOP-friendly by your definition?