Massachusetts vote for Scott Brown . Save our Health care

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In case you haven't heard, The Senate Democrats' bill, would impose a 40 percent tax on insurance premiums above $8,500 for an individual and $23,000 for a family. That would mean every one of us would have to pay taxes on our health plan, say our health plan cost $11,000 we would be taxed 40 percent of the premium that exceeds $8,500 -- a total tax of $1,000. Scott Brown has come out against the Health Care plan, He would be the the deciding vote to block the plan from going thru, so if live in Mass. "vote for Scott Brown"

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am for Mr. Brown.....but supposedly the unions will get a break and not be taxed on their cadillac plans.....unfairness in D.C. with Odrama at the helm!

I would love to see Brown get the Mass. seat.........not the Kennedy seat like Coakley says. His win could throw a wrench in Reid & Pelosi's vile plans!! Go Brown !!

bbsam

Staff member
In case you haven't heard, The Senate Democrats' bill, would impose a 40 percent tax on insurance premiums above $8,500 for an individual and $23,000 for a family. That would mean every one of us would have to pay taxes on our health plan, say our health plan cost $11,000 we would be taxed 40 percent of the premium that exceeds $8,500 -- a total tax of $1,000. Scott Brown has come out against the Health Care plan, He would be the the deciding vote to block the plan from going thru, so if live in Mass. "vote for Scott Brown"
If health benefits are compensation, then why shouldn't they be taxed?

bbsam

Staff member
It puts a bigger tax on middle-income Americans who are already paying enough,
That avoids the question. Compensation, whether salary, hourly wage, investment income, property sale is taxed. Why are health care benefits when used as a form of compensation to be viewed differently?

Mapp

Choo Choo
If health benefits are compensation, then why shouldn't they be taxed?

Feel free to donate whatever amount of your income you want to people who need healthcare that have 10 Kids. Just don't mandate that I do the same.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
That avoids the question. Compensation, whether salary, hourly wage, investment income, property sale is taxed. Why are health care benefits when used as a form of compensation to be viewed differently?

Tax-exempt health insurance started during World War II, the government froze wages, so employers lured workers with health benefits.

Employers don't pay taxes on what they contribute, nor do workers pay taxes on their portion of premiums. And self-employed workers can take a deduction for their premiums. That way companies can provide health benefits, instead of paying higher wages. so if there's is a tax on Cadillac plans do you think you will be paid a higher wage?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
a win by Brown will scare the pants off every sitting democrat, if a republican can win here then hope & change really did come to America.

over9five

Staff member
Here's some sick news from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts:

A few days ago when Scott Brown started to come within a few points of Martha Coakley, the Democrats started worrying that he could actually win. There is talk of possibly delaying the certification of the election (if a Republican win) until after the health care bill passes.

Is that dirty Massachusetts politics, or what?

island1fox

Feel free to donate whatever amount of your income you want to people who need healthcare that have 10 Kids. Just don't mandate that I do the same.

Mapp,
I agee. If the average "middle income" American took the time from their very busy working lives --and looked at the total taxes they now pay --we would have a real Tea party Revolution. Federal income tax,state tax,citytax,sales tax ,gasoline tax,sin tax -alcohol and cigs, soda tax ,property tax, tolls,registrations, licenses --hunting,fishing, marriage etc etc etc. You now work between five and six months --just for the government --then when we look ---the same politicians that raise our taxes --cheat on theirs---Tim Turbo tax --Rangel, almost 100% of all the people Obama nominated for cabinet positions. The politicians "work" 3 days a week have huge staffs that we pay for , fly first class, go to expensive dinners and Martini lunches ---live the Viva -loca on our dollar --and then give themselves raises every year and have their own "private healthcare" we pay for ?????

island1fox

I am for Mr. Brown.....but supposedly the unions will get a break and not be taxed on their cadillac plans.....unfairness in D.C. with Odrama at the helm!

I would love to see Brown get the Mass. seat.........not the Kennedy seat like Coakley says. His win could throw a wrench in Reid & Pelosi's vile plans!! Go Brown !!

moreluck,
As I read these Health care posts here and on current events --I see most people are afraid on how it will effect their taxes and healthcare now --I can understand that.
I do not know if most ups people realize -both union and mgmt --at sixty five you are dropped and go into Medicare.
What the Democrats have proposed in the Senate Bill --which will probably be the one passed --Medicare payments to Doctors and Hospitals will be cut by 500 billion. The new law will not force Doctors Or Hospitals to accept Medicare. With the millions of baby boomers entering medicare --the 22% in payment cuts ---the elderly will have to not only travel many miles to find a doctor or hospital accepting medicare --but when they get there the waiting lists and rationing will be real. This is only common sense --of course the Liberals say --no death panels ???AARP sold out the Senior citizens because they are planning to sell "Medigap" insurance --that only rich seniors will be able to afford --the middle class and poor --SORRY !!!:angry:bbsam claims it is too late ??? Maybe !

bbsam

Staff member
Here's some sick news from the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts:

A few days ago when Scott Brown started to come within a few points of Martha Coakley, the Democrats started worrying that he could actually win. There is talk of possibly delaying the certification of the election (if a Republican win) until after the health care bill passes.

Is that dirty Massachusetts politics, or what?
I believe it's called winning politics.

brett636

I believe it's called winning politics.

Its called a lack of ethics. The democrats do not want the people of Massachusetts to have a voice in the health care fight if they don't send a candidate who supports their health care bill. I guess this is par for the course for democrats these days. They don't want anyone who is represented by a republican to have a voice either, that is why they are going it alone with healthcare, and so many other issues.

bbsam

Staff member
Its called a lack of ethics. The democrats do not want the people of Massachusetts to have a voice in the health care fight if they don't send a candidate who supports their health care bill. I guess this is par for the course for democrats these days. They don't want anyone who is represented by a republican to have a voice either, that is why they are going it alone with healthcare, and so many other issues.
do you claim Republicans to be champions of ethics? If so, please elaborat on what ethics code they are referring to.

johnoutdoors

I don't think anyone is saying that Republicans don't have their own ethics issues. It does, however, seem to fly in the face of the Constitution to manipulate the date of an election certification to ensure a super majority so that a bill that doesn't have overwhelming support passes. Its win at any cost politics. Both sides have done it and its wrong both ways.