Our New Health Care Plan - The Company's Hidden Pay Cut - How much money have you lost?

chrisgumm

Our New Health Care Plan - The Company's Hidden Pay Cut

How much of your own money have you eneded up paying out if your pockect under our new health plan? For many of you, a lot more than you did last year. In my case, I am out of pocket over $9,000 from what I paid last year. This is the company's veiled pay cut that anyone who actually uses this plan has likely experienced.

To any of you about to vote in the upcoming elections or considering signing a union card, please study the company's new health plan very carefully. Its worse than anyone imagined earlier this year and nothing like what the company's slick brochures portray or what you have been told. To date, I am out of pocket over $9,450 for costs associated with my chronic condition. Last year, under our old plan, that same treatment cost me just $410. Under the IBT plans in place today at UPS, my treatment would have cost less than $400!! A nice hidden $9000 pay cut.

DRAisawesome

Too bad some would say. It's not my fault about your health. But I'm sympathetic. Our new plan is horse manure. Sorry. Fight for your right

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our New Health Care Plan - The Company's Hidden Pay Cut

How much of your own money have you eneded up paying out if your pockect under our new health plan? For many of you, a lot more than you did last year. In my case, I am out of pocket over $9,000 from what I paid last year. This is the company's veiled pay cut that anyone who actually uses this plan has likely experienced.

To any of you about to vote in the upcoming elections or considering signing a union card, please study the company's new health plan very carefully. Its worse than anyone imagined earlier this year and nothing like what the company's slick brochures portray or what you have been told. To date, I am out of pocket over $9,450 for costs associated with my chronic condition. Last year, under our old plan, that same treatment cost me just $410. Under the IBT plans in place today at UPS, my treatment would have cost less than $400!! A nice hidden $9000 pay cut.

In a word...yes. Our "insurance" is one huge scam. What good is a plan that doesn't pay any benefits?

whenIgetthere

One visit to the ER has cost me over $3500 so far. And the bills just keep coming in. We even had to get payroll deduction from my wife's paycheck to pay all these bills, since she works there.

MAKAVELI

One visit to the ER has cost me over $3500 so far. And the bills just keep coming in. We even had to get payroll deduction from my wife's paycheck to pay all these bills, since she works there.
And now they have added a $ 500 emergency room co-pay if not admitted. They are definitely trying to discourage people from seeking treatment. What a friend..... Scam. They'll gladly take our money for premiums though.

CJinx

And now they have added a $ 500 emergency room co-pay if not admitted. They are definitely trying to discourage people from seeking treatment. What a friend..... Scam. They'll gladly take our money for premiums though.
For the third and subsequent visits to the ER; the idea is to discourage people from abusing the ER rather than going to your primary care doctor(since insurance-wise, it was cheaper and quicker), not "discourage people from seeking treatment". Obviously if you need emergency treatment, you can go to the ER.

dezguy

Time and weather use to be the enemy of FedEx corp. Now it is it's own employees.

I feel terrible for you guys and gals down there, I really do. Our benefits cost an arm and a leg but at least I'm not out almost 10 grand for the year. Sheesh!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a $100 ER co-pay which has dramatically reduced the number of ER visits and the overall cost of emergent care.

whenIgetthere

We have a $100 ER co-pay which has dramatically reduced the number of ER visits and the overall cost of emergent care.

When you are awoken by chest pains at 2:30 am on a Sunday, the only option was the ER. Next time I'll just wait till Monday to see my PCP, if I die in the meantime, more profit for the a-hole!

MassWineGuy

That's for the third or subsequent trips to the ER. Hate the plan, but at least get the facts straight.

MassWineGuy

That's for the third or subsequent trips to the ER. Hate the plan, but at least get the facts straight.

MAKAVELI

Did I state it was for the first trip? Umm, no. The fact they are placing this high co-pay will discourage some people especially people with families from seeking emergency medical treatment when it maybe necessary. This extra cost will penalize someone with a serious chronic condition.

CJinx

You're intentionally omitting facts to fit your narrative. This isn't some fiendish plot to discourage people from using their insurance or getting urgent medical care when needed.

The copay applies only to the third and subsequent trips to the ER and only if the individual is not admitted. The purpose is to encourage people to use the Emergency Room for emergencies only. That's why it's called an Emergency Room.

Honestly though; a hefty copay would be the least of my concerns if I felt I needed emergency medical attention.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For the third and subsequent visits to the ER; the idea is to discourage people from abusing the ER rather than going to your primary care doctor(since insurance-wise, it was cheaper and quicker), not "discourage people from seeking treatment". Obviously if you need emergency treatment, you can go to the ER.

You are either HR or PR. Do you and Dano share a cubicle, or are you the same person?

CJinx

You are either HR or PR. Do you and Dano share a cubicle, or are you the same person?
Neither, no, and no. I just have an uncanny knack for being able to read and comprehend the small print on those insurance mailers... Not to mention that this practice is fairly standard in insurance plans these days.