May 21, 2011 Judgment Day

ups1990

We've all seen these billboards across the country, stating by family Radio, as this date being the beginning of Judgment day and the rapture of true believers. Those of us who read our bibles and listen to Christian radio have been aware of this date set by Harold Camping in 2004, host of the Open Forum. Many biblical scholars have come out against this teaching. There's so much information regarding this date by Family Radio it seems to fit, but those in opposition, also make valid points. Only five days remain, may God have mercy on us all.
Are there any Bay area drivers of San Fransico-Oakland, who've delivered to Family Radio?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pickup

Re: May 21, 2001 Judgment Day

Ummm dude, that was 10 years ago.

yeah, I think that trpinkl is referring to the fact that the frontman of this organization, Harold Camping, predicted some date in September of 1994,(i believe the exact date was the sept. 6,1994) as the beginning of judgement day/ rapture as well. I don't believe anything of biblical significance happened that day.

So now the same man is predicting the end of the world may 21. Sorry, I am not buying into it. I hope that the people that did buy into it have the ability to step back into their lives on May 22.

klein

Für Meno :)

I think Tex was referring to the date used in the thread title, which should have read 2011, not 2001.

Who cares ?
They can set the end of the world dates as often as they please.
Actually, kind of wished they would set them more often, and then maybe, just maybe, people will wake up and realize we are just another creature on this planet !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Who cares ?
They can set the end of the world dates as often as they please.
Actually, kind of wished they would set them more often, and then maybe, just maybe, people will wake up and realize we are just another creature on this planet !

Careful. You don't want to piss-off the "God Squad". Linc, Julie, and Pete will beat you to death with their Bibles. But it's OK, because God told them to do it.

upsgrunt

You can believe what you want, or not believe what you want. It could happen. Anything is possible. I believe the knowledge of that day, when it comes, is privy info to One.

tourists24

Careful. You don't want to piss-off the "God Squad". Linc, Julie, and Pete will beat you to death with their Bibles. But it's OK, because God told them to do it.

you're not ticking off any real "God Squad". No one knows for sure when it will happen but we know where we will be when it does. You make your choice; have fun.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Bible states in no uncertain terms that Jesus Christ's return is set for May 21, 2011. This is the day of the Rapture when Christ will gather His people to Heaven. It is also the start of Judgment Day, the time when God will bring an end to this world because of mankind's sin. The world will remain in the Day of Judgment for 5 months (153 days) and God will annihilate it October 21, 2011.
Please do not take my word for it. You can prove it yourself. The menu bar at the top contains a number of links that present and discuss details about the timing of Christ's return.

For a summary, read on...​
What will happen on May 21, 2011?​
On this day the “catching up” of all those who have become saved will occur. This is referred to as the Rapture. The Lord Jesus Christ - who is God, Creator and Ruler of all creation - will gather His people from the four corners of the earth and they will be forever with Him in Glory. Two hundred million people will be rescued on May 21, 2011. They are the elect - chosen by God to be saved - and their sins were paid for by Christ Himself and they come from “every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.”
1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Revelation 9:15-16
15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
It is also the Day of Judgment. All those remaining, almost 7 billion people, will witness the Rapture but will also be left behind to die sometime during the final 5 months. Many will die on the first day from a great worldwide earthquake.
Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Revelation 11:13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
Of this 7 billion, those who will experience the most anguish and pain of being left behind are the 2 billion people who are still a part of the churches and congregations throughout the world on that day. This is about one third of earth's population. They have ignored God's command to “depart out” of the churches. For them, Christ will come as a “Thief in the Night.”
Luke 13:24-30
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.
The end of this 5 month “Day of Judgment” will be October 21, 2011. The world will end on this day and anyone still left alive will be annihilated, never again to “come into mind.”
2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Job 20:7-8
7 Yet he shall perish for ever like his own dung: they which have seen him shall say, Where is he?
8 He shall fly away as a dream, and shall not be found: yea, he shall be chased away as a vision of the night.
Isaiah 26:14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.​
Consider the people of Nineveh mentioned in the Bible.​
In the book of Jonah, in the Old Testament of the Bible, the people of Nineveh were warned that their city was to be “overthrown.” As they faced destruction they pleaded to God for His mercy.
Jonah 3:8-9
8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
God did “spare Nineveh” and the same people will “rise in judgment” on May 21, 2011 and condemn those who are left behind.
Matthew 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.​
I urge you to read the Bible.​
The Bible is God's message to us and it is the only way that God speaks to us. Everything mentioned here can be checked out in the Bible. You will discover many proofs in the Bible that May 21, 2011 is indeed Judgment Day.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
Romans 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
May God have mercy on us,
Bob James

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well Moreluck, looks like I only got a couple days left to "joust" with you. I still wont violate any TOS terms cause I dont want to get the boot before judgement day!

By the sound of this masterpiece of literature, our doom is inevitable, our "religious" friends on this board probably have everything packed up already like Beck warned them, you know, food, gold, guns and camping gear.

But for me, Ima live it up! Saturday will come and go, and the remainder of society not dumb enough to kill themselves over this will be left to rule the planet!

So, in the interim, can you cut and paste something from foxed news so I can have something to do while I wait for the rapture?

Peace.

Well Moreluck, looks like I only got a couple days left to "joust" with you. I still wont violate any TOS terms cause I dont want to get the boot before judgement day!

By the sound of this masterpiece of literature, our doom is inevitable, our "religious" friends on this board probably have everything packed up already like Beck warned them, you know, food, gold, guns and camping gear.

But for me, Ima live it up! Saturday will come and go, and the remainder of society not dumb enough to kill themselves over this will be left to rule the planet!

So, in the interim, can you cut and paste something from foxed news so I can have something to do while I wait for the rapture?

Peace.

I'm sure you can entertain yourself....you seem to have plenty of practice.