McCain would close gitmo????

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BrownShark, Jun 12, 2008.

1. BrownShark

BrownShark Banned

McCain Gets Angry

2. av8torntn

av8torntn Well-Known Member

I think he is saying he would close the prison there. He has been saying this for years now.

3. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Yes, this is one of a few issues McCain is dead wrong on, but I will support the candidate that I will only disagree with part of the time than a candidate with whom I will disagree with every time.

4. tieguy

tieguy Banned

yep. not sure I disagree with him. Closing Gitmo is the right thing to do. Feed the prisoners to the sharks and save the taxpayers some money.

5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Amen, Good answer!!

6. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

FISHING TOURNAMENT!
    Tie's got the bait!

I'm sorry, that wasn't nice but I just thought of those shark fishing tournaments on TV when I read your response.

won't Gitmo at some point close anyway when the lease from the Treaty with Cuba expires which they assure will not be renewed? Maybe McCain is actually forward thinking in this case.

1 day doesn't make a trend!
    :wink2:

7. tieguy

tieguy Banned

its a sad statement on todays events. We don't trust our judicial processes because we know some slick lawyer would get these cold blooded killers released. So we basically violate every human rights standard we built this country on by keeping them locked up in Cuba.

8. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

I could not have said it any better.