Methods...Squaring up b4 Closing Bulkhead,Mirrors Etc ?

Hi....Long time UPSer here with 27 years total, 22 of which are fulltime driving.
Was recently "observed" not closing my bulkhead door in a square position. Many times I will kind of just give it a backhand to close it when exiting. Been doing this for 22 years and its so automatic for me. I do not see anywhere in the 340 methods mentioning how to properly close the bulkhead door. Is there a more current edition of these methods?..Or anything in writing about this or tucking mirrors?...Seems they are just making rules up at will lately.

Been on the receiving end of feeling harassed lately, constantly being questioned about my over allowed which religiously runs 1.25 to 2 hrs over. I also was recently told by one of the supes that he doesn't want me drinking my coffee during the PCM. Says I'm a bad influence on the new hires...wtf.
That was pretty much the final straw for me being Mr. Nice guy. Our local is required to take a full hour lunch between the hours of 12 and 3 or we can use 20 minutes of that hour to take a break during the first hour after leaving the center. No one usually does that but when they told me I couldn't drink my coffee....I am now exercising that right, mainly just to piss them off.
They are now scrambling every morning trying to find a home for many of my next day airs that would be service failures if left on my route...I'm loving it!

I am now also going to sign up for the 9.5 list. Really tired of being a doormat.
Drivers that cover my route also run well over an hour.
I know they will be riding me again because of this and I welcome it. Didn't make any time up the last ride in which they called it off after 2 days most likely wanting a do-over.

Any help pointing me to the very latest in required methods would be great because I know they will be targeting me on any petty offense. Thnx
I'm hoping to make my final 3 years to collect my max pension but the puppets are starting to have me consider leaving when I'm 55 next year.
God bless the new hires...I could never do it again under current conditions.

Indecisi0n

The 20 mins break after PCM was a perfect reaction to them. Don't you old timer get an additional 10-15 break as well? Wondering if you could combine them.

Future

Victory Ride
Hi....Long time UPSer here with 27 years total, 22 of which are fulltime driving.
Was recently "observed" not closing my bulkhead door in a square position. Many times I will kind of just give it a backhand to close it when exiting. Been doing this for 22 years and its so automatic for me. I do not see anywhere in the 340 methods mentioning how to properly close the bulkhead door. Is there a more current edition of these methods?..Or anything in writing about this or tucking mirrors?...Seems they are just making rules up at will lately.

Been on the receiving end of feeling harassed lately, constantly being questioned about my over allowed which religiously runs 1.25 to 2 hrs over. I also was recently told by one of the supes that he doesn't want me drinking my coffee during the PCM. Says I'm a bad influence on the new hires...wtf.
That was pretty much the final straw for me being Mr. Nice guy. Our local is required to take a full hour lunch between the hours of 12 and 3 or we can use 20 minutes of that hour to take a break during the first hour after leaving the center. No one usually does that but when they told me I couldn't drink my coffee....I am now exercising that right, mainly just to piss them off.
They are now scrambling every morning trying to find a home for many of my next day airs that would be service failures if left on my route...I'm loving it!

I am now also going to sign up for the 9.5 list. Really tired of being a doormat.
I know they will be riding me again because of this and I welcome it. Didn't make any time up the last ride in which they called it off after 2 days most likely wanting a do-over.

Any help pointing me to the very latest in required methods would be great because I know they will be targeting me on any petty offense. Thnx
I'm hoping to make my final 3 years to collect my max pension but the puppets are starting to have me consider leaving when I'm 55 next year.
I got your back......that and some others .....they will also tell you how to proceed

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Are you in 804?
That story sounds familiar...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The 20 mins break after PCM was a perfect reaction to them. Don't you old timer get an additional 10-15 break as well? Wondering if you could combine them.

Jerking off.... to every situation, might not be the appropriate response.

Thanks for the insight.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP----I don't know if it is in the 340 or not but squaring up to the bulkhead door does make sense as it is much easier on your right shoulder.

Is the dollar difference between leaving at 55 or at 58 enough to make you want to put up with this crap for another three years?

To the OP----I don't know if it is in the 340 or not but squaring up to the bulkhead door does make sense as it is much easier on your right shoulder.

Is the dollar difference between leaving at 55 or at 58 enough to make you want to put up with this crap for another three years?
Squaring up on the door is definitely more safe for our bodies. If this was something I was observed on and told to change I'd make sure I do it forever ever after.

Tucking in the mirror is not a requirement to work at United parcel in my local though.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

27 years and you don't know how to play the game?

Brush it off or file for harassment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Squaring up on the door is definitely more safe for our bodied. If this was something I was observed on and told to change I'd make sure I do it forever ever after.

Tucking in the mirror is not a requirement to work at United parcel in my local though.

Tucking in the mirror makes sense but is also not a big deal here.

I do focus on squaring myself to the door as it does take the strain off of my shoulder.

Tucking in the mirror makes sense but is also not a big deal here.

I do focus on squaring myself to the door as it does take the strain off of my shoulder.
Being a package car driver as we are requires some refining of our mechanics kinda like that of a pitcher in baseball. Each have the same goal of a long career and making a lot of money.

JackStraw

Sounds to me like they're nickle-diming you. To close my door takes a simple flick of the wrist. No exertion needed. I can see if you had to use some force to close it( some of the older trucks maybe) that you would have to "Square yourself to the bulkhead door". If that's all they could come up with on an observation then you must be a good methods driver. Typical ticky-tack grade school BS.

10 point

If you square your shoulders with the door you'll run scratch. That's probably what they mean.

After a production ride it's comical to watch them try to explain to a driver that they lost a minute here and a minute or two there and they were still 1.5-2 hrs over....less three minutes.

They create their production deficit on the preload. Not our problem.

Last edited: