Methods...Squaring up b4 Closing Bulkhead,Mirrors Etc ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my center the flavor of the week would be mirrors periodically. They would say everyone had to tuck in mirrors at every stop. My response would be "Where is that in the methods?" and "What is the time allowance for doing that?".

All it really was about was setting up a situation where they could charge drivers for hit while parked if they didn't fold in their mirrors. A couple of drivers won grievances over it when the stupidity went too far.

We had a driver who was legally parked in a loading zone who had his left mirror ripped off the pkg car by an RV who got too close.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Here it is directly from our agreement:

"A driver will be allowed twenty(20) minutes for breakfast and forty(40)minutes for lunch for each day worked. This time will not be counted as time worked by such driver. The time for breakfast must be taken within the first hour after leaving the center in the morning. The time for lunch must be taken and completed within the hours of 12:00 and 3:00P.M."

It appears you have to leave the building, which is fine, I don't want to be anywhere near the mngnt. goons.
I am now driving to my route 10 minutes from building, doing 1 or 2 air stops ....then taking the 20 minute break.
I know this really irks them because I have a ton of air stops daily and barely made them when I wasn't taking the 20 minutes. Now it's been a chore each morning for them to pawn my airs off.
Wish this was in CS

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Here it is directly from our agreement:

"A driver will be allowed twenty(20) minutes for breakfast and forty(40)minutes for lunch for each day worked. This time will not be counted as time worked by such driver. The time for breakfast must be taken within the first hour after leaving the center in the morning. The time for lunch must be taken and completed within the hours of 12:00 and 3:00P.M."

It appears you have to leave the building, which is fine, I don't want to be anywhere near the mngnt. goons.
I am now driving to my route 10 minutes from building, doing 1 or 2 air stops ....then taking the 20 minute break.
I know this really irks them because I have a ton of air stops daily and barely made them when I wasn't taking the 20 minutes. Now it's been a chore each morning for them to pawn my airs off.
What a ridiculous policy and by taking advantage of it you are causing management to aggravate you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What a ridiculous policy and by taking advantage of it you are causing management to aggravate you.
That's what they get for giving him a hard time for bringing a cup of coffee to the PCM.

They picked the wrong guy this time.

Thankfully, not everybody is wired up to take the path of least resistance?

10 point

That's what they get for giving him a hard time for bringing a cup of coffee to the PCM.

What the heck is the difference between drinking a cup of coffee, drinking a safety committee dispensed juice, or eating a wellness banana?

Childish.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
After doing your morning stretches as a group, and while intently listening to the great wisdom being presented, apparently having your hands in your pockets, means you are lazy, and lackadaisical. 75% of us when i looked, standing the same way. I guess we should stand at attention, turn, square shoulders toward truck, march.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I guess we should stand at attention, turn, square shoulders toward truck, march.

2psnmaf.jpg

Now go and deliver 120 stops !!

:biggrin:

-Bug-

Would you really want to pull out of the building only to go someplace to sit for 20 UNPAID minutes?
Well....we have to take an hour unpaid break regardless. So not a problem for me to use 20 minutes of it in the morning and still have 40 minutes left for lunch
They started aggravating me long before I started doing this. The frequency of harassment has gone up 10fold since we got a new 30 year old building manager trying to make a name for himself 6 weeks ago. Wait till I put my name on the 9.5 list and tell them not to call my personal phone anymore next week when I'm back from vacation, that's when I expect the real fun will begin.:biggrin:

Thanks Bud....I'm just gonna be extra careful and follow methods to a Tee and pretend they are following me at all times.
What the heck is the difference between drinking a cup of coffee, drinking a safety committee dispensed juice, or eating a wellness banana?

Childish.
Eggzackly....Should have just told him it's my way of hydrating

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would want the initials of who that msg was from. I used one in a grievance, and who i know sent it said he did not

I would want the initials of who that msg was from. I used one in a grievance, and who i know sent it said he did not
True.
Many times they will put their first name in with the messages but of course these dirty ones they try to remain anonymous but I will continue to take a snapshot of them all. Although they seem to avoid sending me those as much anymore because I always question it with my response.
I also get messages telling me not to sheet missloads sometimes and to just bring them into the office upon return. Pretty shady.
I am now taking pics of those tracking numbers and tracking them on the website when I get home.