Michelle Obama

Sportello

Shhhh.... leave her in her happy place, 1950's elementary school.
I also went to elementary school in the 1950's. There was no tasty, free lunch.

We did get a little carton of milk and some some Wonder Bread and peanut butter, maybe some canned fruit once in awhile. If she was getting hot meals at lunch, she was in the rich neighborhood.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That right there is a dementia memory.
I'm still actively searching for some of those recipes. The cooks are long gone, but their school age kids from back then are still on my H.S. site and I always ask about the good food and if anyone saved any recipes from their moms.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I also went to elementary school in the 1950's. There was no tasty, free lunch." (dido)
Lunch was not free....It was low cost, but not free.

moreluck

golden ticket member
" If she was getting hot meals at lunch, she was in the rich neighborhood" (dido)

It was a blue collar neighborhood......Italian section. We were not considered a rich neighborhood.....middle class for sure.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obamas skip traditional first couples photo with the Trumps

The Obamas may have been cordial hosts to the Trumps at the White House on Thursday, but they skipped one long-standing tradition for current and future first couples.

There is a customary photo op of the couples outside the south entrance of the White House, which the president and his wife appeared to have canceled, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The decision not to participate in this tradition illustrates how bitter the campaign was, particularly for Mrs. Obama, who delivered some of the most emotional arguments against electing Mr. Trump.

The Trumps arrived to the White House for a tour through a back door on the South Lawn hidden from public view, the Associated Press reported.