Minimum / Maximum Fluctuating ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One way centers can get more routes; when selfish me-first drivers start with working in unison with the contract and each other and forcing the company to put out more routes that should be there to begin with.

+100, if all drivers in my center took lunch and breaks. Then we would have at least 2-3 extra routes a day if not more.

What sleeve is whining about are the drivers like me who do take their full lunch and break but not when the contract says I am supposed to. It makes absolutely no difference when I take my lunch as long as I take one and they are certainly not going to add a route if I did choose to take my lunch between the 3rd and 5th hour.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What sleeve is whining about are the drivers like me who do take their full lunch and break but not when the contract says I am supposed to. It makes absolutely no difference when I take my lunch as long as I take one and they are certainly not going to add a route if I did choose to take my lunch between the 3rd and 5th hour.

tired-yawn.jpg

evilleace

I wasn't talking about when you take your lunch. Just that 90% of the drivers in my center do not take a full lunch or break.

BrownArmy

Upstate, it's not about you. You've made it totally clear that it makes no difference on your route when you take your lunch.

OK. I'll agree with you...you know more about your route and your center than I do. It's more than likely that it may not make a difference on your route when you take your lunch.

No problem.

You're ahead in the game because you take your full lunch, granted, and if it works out for you and your route and your center, awesome.

But what the rest of us are discussing is the fact that for A LOT of routes, in A LOT of other centers, it makes a very big difference when you take your lunch.

I'm in a major metropolitan building with two centers with over 150 routes.

I'm in a cut-throat, super-high-volume, no-mercy dispatch center combined with a less than optimal management team.

In my center (not talking about yours), people who don't take their lunch (the runners) or people who don't take their lunch when their supposed to ( ? ), absolutely screw everyone involved, except management.

Certain routes in my center have their 'numbers' predicated upon drivers not taking their lunch. It's a simple truth (in my center, and likely many others) that if everyone took their full lunch and took their lunch within the contractually negotiated window, that we would need more drivers on the road to handle the volume.

Does this make any sense to you?