Minimum Wage

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well, then I'll tell you....in order to pay the employee more money, the company has to charge the consumer more money. There you have it, a simple explanation for a simple mind!!
Yes, you've provided an oversimplified explanation that your simple mind can justify. Unfortunately it's not backed up by economic realities.

While it could be argued that the number of low wage jobs might decline, the idea that an increase in the minimum wage would produce a significant increase in the price of products produced by those workers is flat out wrong. Any questions grandma?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Neocon logic:
Make a ridiculous claim. Get called out on it. Demand other people prove you wrong.
I agree with the sentiment but the Libs do the same thing.
I basically feel if they are interested, they can do it themselves.
It doesn't bother me because I never accept anything as being 'true' from any post in Current Events.
It's fun though.

rickyb

sJW7Z2m.jpg
you have a tendency to complain about things that affect poor people like welfare, min wage, immigrants, etc.

and instead of just complaining that min wage is too high, please state how many hours a week someone should have to work to get by, and what should be done for min wage workers when raising the wage higher is not economically feasable.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Price of a Big Mac is $0.25 higher in Seattle than Tacoma.
I would pay a little more so that someone could actually earn a living wage.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Price of a Big Mac is $0.25 higher in Seattle than Tacoma.
I would pay a little more so that someone could actually earn a living wage.

Would you be willing to be the 6th person in a checkout line rather than use the "no wait" self checkout just to make sure that the cashier was able to keep his/her job?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would you be willing to be the 6th person in a checkout line rather than use the "no wait" self checkout just to make sure that the cashier was able to keep his/her job?
I would use self-checkout if Kroger had 7 lanes of open registers.
I'm not interested in dealing with people and I get to bag my groceries the way I want them.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I would use self-checkout if Kroger had 7 lanes of open registers.
I'm not interested in dealing with people and I get to bag my groceries the way I want them.
I love standing in line behind someone who's so stupid they can't figure out how to use a barcode scanner or swipe their own credit card, definitely better than actually having to interact with another human being.

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree but I don't believe in make-believe jobs.
I like the cashiers pretty much at Publix but not Kroger.
Kroger employees seem so unhappy and unhelpful ... they act like customers are a burden.

Kroger is kind of hit or miss. Some employees are very good but others are pretty hopeless. They do treat their employees like crap though and it shows.